20 'One Tree Hill' Quotes You Need To Hear Right Now

"There is only one Tree Hill—and it's your home"
44704

The opening lines of the "One Tree Hill" theme song alone make me emotional: I don't want to be anything other than what I've been tryna be latelyyyy... Let's be honest—the entire series made me emotional. It's borderline embarrassing to admit how many times "One Tree Hill" made me sob like a baby. Even if at times "One Tree Hill" seemed completely unrealistic—that dog eating Dan's would-be heart, COME ON—it still managed to be one of the most relatable shows I have ever seen. Nine seasons, 187 episodes, and an infinite number of quotable moments, here are 20 "One Tree Hill" quotes you need to hear right now.

1. "At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world. Six billion souls. And sometimes — all you need is one."

2.

3. "If you miss them, that means you're lucky. It means you had someone special in your life, someone worth missing."

4. "There is no shame in being afraid. Hell, we're all afraid. What you've got to do is figure out what you're afraid of. Because when you put a face on it, you can beat it. Or better yet, you can use it"

5. "And when you find yourself lost in the darkness and despair, remember it's only in the black of night you see the stars."

6.

7. "We're all crazy, some of us just hide it better than others."

8. "The hardest part of saying goodbye is having to do it again every single day."

9. "We fell in love, and at some point, the people we love forgot to love us back."

10. "You know, you might wanna take a long hard look in the mirror. And see if the guy staring back at you is the kind of person you want to be."

11.

12. "Live the life, live the dream, no fear."

13. "Happiness comes in many forms-in the company of good friends, in the feeling you get when you make someone else’s dream come true, or in the promise of hope renewed. It’s okay to let yourself be happy because you never know how fleeting that happiness might be."

14. "Does this darkness have a name? This cruelty, this hatred, how did it find us? Did it steal into our lives or did we seek it out and embrace it? What happened to us that we now send our children into the world like we send young men to war, hoping for their safe return, but knowing that some would be lost along the way. When did we lose our way? Consumed by the shadows. Swallowed whole by the darkness. Does this darkness have a name? Is it your name?"

15. "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside of us while we live."

16. "If you’re lucky… if you’re the luckiest person on this entire planet, the person you love decides to love you back."

17. "And once you lose yourself, you have two choices: find the person you used to be… or lose that person completely."

18.

19. "Every day we ignore how completely broken this world is and we tell ourselves it’s all going to be okay, you’re gonna be okay. But it’s not okay. And once you know that, there’s no going back."

20. "We spend so much time wanting, pursuing, wishing. But ambition is good, chasing things with integrity is good, dreaming. If you had a friend you knew you’d never see again, what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be? Say it. Do it. Don’t wait. Nothing lasts forever. Make a wish and place it in your heart. Anything you want, everything you want. Do you have it? Good. Now believe it can come true. You never know where the next miracle’s going to come from, the next memory, the next smile, the next wish come true. But if you believe that it’s right around the corner, you open your heart and mind to the possibility of it, to the certainty of it, you just might get the thing you’re wishing for. The world is full of magic. You just have to believe in it. So make your wish. Do you have it? Good. Now believe in it with all your heart."