13 Oddly Satisfying Depressing Songs

13 Oddly Satisfying Depressing Songs

Here are some songs for when you're in your "feels."
30

Do you ever have one of those days where you need to put in your headphones and block out the insignificant happenings in the world around you? If so, trust that you’re not alone. On those days, it doesn't hurt to have a perfect playlist of oddly satisfying depressing songs. Compiled here is a great start to that playlist:

1. “Come Home” by OneRepublic

The title of the song also happens to be it’s catchy, pleading hook “Come home, come home.” These lyrics, as well as the rest of the song, truly resonate with the listener.

2. “I Can Feel A Hot One” by Manchester Orchestra

This song is not quite as popular as the other ones mentioned, but its haunting melody and pained vocals earn it a spot on this list.

3. “Look After You” by the Fray

An often overlooked Fray classic, this song is a great listen when you’re feeling a little down.

4. “Goner” by Twenty One Pilots

Twenty One Pilots recently stepped into the world of mainstream music with their hit, “Stressed Out.” If you’re interested in hearing more of the band, be sure to give this song a listen.

5. “After the Storm” by Mumford & Sons

Mumford & Sons never fails to deliver a heartbreaking, beautiful song. This one is no exception.

6. “Let It Go” by James Bay

This is James Bay’s most popular song by far, but really any of his songs would fit on this list.

7.“Skinny Love” by Birdy

Many argue that the original version of this song is best (“Skinny Love” by Bon Iver), but Birdy’s unique and elegant take on this piece secure its spot on the playlist.

8. “Work Song” by Hozier

You’re probably familiar with Hozier’s “Take Me to Church” that played on repeat on every radio station for an entire year. This is another relatively popular song by the artist that promises to fulfill your dispirited mood.

9. “The Funeral” by Band of Horses

“The Funeral” basically embodies the qualities a song requires to be on this playlist. Give it a listen, you won’t regret it.

10. “Somewhere Only We Know” by Keane

This song is earnest and hopeful, demanding to be set on repeat.

11. “All I Want” by Kodaline

Kodaline speaks to the heartbroken listener with this simple, important song. Even if you’re not getting over a failed relationship, this song’s melody and lyrics are still downright incredible.

12. “Not About Angels” by Birdy

This song was first released with the blockbuster hit, “The Fault In Our Stars.” The fact that this song was in that movie should speak for itself.

13. “Gravity” by Sara Bareilles

The Ultimate Break-Up Song Award goes to none other than “Gravity.”

So whether you’re going through major life changes or are just having an off day, this playlist is sure to fulfill your melodic needs. Also, remember that pain and all of your problems are temporary. After you spend some time in music rehab, yank out the headphones and go make the best of whatever situation has you down.