"How I Met Your Mother" is one of my favorite TV shows of all time. I only got to watch it once all the way through before it was taken off Netflix, but just in that time, I learned many important life lessons.
Here are 13 of them.
1. Everything happens for a reason
There is a purpose behind every little moment. Each little thing has a ripple effect.
2. Nothing good ever happens after 2:00 a.m.
Mistakes are made, things are said. Nothing good ever happens.
3. Wait for it
Don't rush anything or get impatient. The right person will come. The right time will come. It will come. Just wait for it.
4. Don't try to force something to happen that isn't supposed to happen
Nothing good can come out of this. If you keep trying to make a relationship or friendship or anything happen and it just does not fall into place, do not try to force it. It will not work out.
5. Stop being sad and be awesome instead
6. Don't be afraid of change
Change can be good. Take it from the girl that moved across the United States to go to college and experience new things.
7. "Whatever you do in this life, it is not legendary unless your friends are there to see it."
Everything is better when you are with your friends or the people you truly care about.
8. Not every night has a happy ending
And that is okay. We can try again in the morning.
9. "If you're not scared, you're not taking a chance. And if you're not taking a chance, then what the hell are you doing?"
Take a chance.
10. Love is the best thing we can do
Love is so powerful, and so underrated. Love can change and save lives. Show someone that you love them.
11. Happiness is not that difficult
It really isn't.
12. You can't cling to the past
There's not benefit to lingering on the past. You can't change it. There is no point in hurting yourself more by preventing yourself from moving forward.
13. Find someone who doesn't tolerate your quirks, but likes them
If they cannot like you and appreciate every bit of you, are they really the one?