13 Inexpensive Things To Do For Fun When You And Your Friends Are Broke

Make some awesome memories with your friends around you.

188
Sophia Camaya

Are you bored of doing the same thing every night: Netflix and chill? Can't think of anything fun to do? Have no fear, I'm here to rescue you from the hole you're in. Honestly, if you think really hard and push laziness out of the mind, you can find something awesome to do! You can have fun without going and spending a lot of money. The best way to have fun with friends is to do things that will make memories. Here are some awesome ways to make memories with the ones you love and have a fantastic time!

1. Host a game night.

Do you have Twister or HeadBanz? Why not invite some pals over and have a night filled with laughter.

2. Have a spa night with the girls.

This could be really fun! Tell your friends to bring some things for the night. You can make face masks out of some inexpensive products from the grocery store or buy a set of mini polishes to split amongst the group (hit up Ulta for inexpensive sets).

3. Try out the whole flip-of-a-coin strategy.

This could either be a date thing or a friends thing. And it could be really fun to do!

4. Go frolic in the woods.

Lake Padden in Bellingham, WA, has some pretty awesome trails to frolic on, and they're even more fun with a dog or two. Also, there's Teddy Bear Cove and tons of trails there. Look up some local hiking spots in your town and get going!

5. Have a movie and pizza night.

Not only is it fun, but it can be inexpensive if you can all chip in on the pizza you order. It would end up being a few bucks per person. Or you could even make your own mini individual pizzas, which is another fun activity in itself.

6. Go on a trail ride (or whatever else you do for fun).

I'm a horse girl, so this is fun because I'm doing something I love and embracing nature at the same time. Pick your hobby and dedicate a day to it. Bonus points if it involves exercise!

7. Have a chic flick movie night with the girls.

If you're legal, you guys can get wine and ice cream (and then cry together at The Notebook).

8. Throw a cooking party.

Think of a few easy dishes you could make with friends and each sign up for an item for each dish. You're all splitting the costs in order to enjoy the company of friends and delicious food.

9. Plan a murder mystery party.

Who doesn't love a good murder mystery party? Who knows, maybe the maid did it all... Oooooh, plot twist!

10. Go in on a 2 for $20 at Apple Bee's.

If you have a big group of friends and want some food but don't want to spend a lot, go try Apple Bee's. They have their 2 for $20, which is a deal where you get 2 entrees and an appetizer for $20! Imagine the number of appetizers you could try if all your friends did the 2 for $20 with you one night?

11. Go play with the animals at the shelter!

Getting a few friends to go with you to the shelter does a few things for the animals. One, it helps them get used to human interaction. Two, they get to know that someone cares about them. Why not? You could go play fetch with one dog and potentially help him find a home.

12. Have a Wii tournament.

I'm sure some of you have a Wii console and a ton of remotes. Why not have a Wii Sports tournament or a Mario Cart tournament? I can speak from personal experience that it's a blast.

13. Go bowling!

Who will throw the most strikes? Check out your local bowling alley's website for exact prices, events, and food. You can play a game without spending more than $5 a game.