13 Activities You'll Catch Introverts Doing This Summer

We have our own way of making summer exciting.

2390
lifehack.org

Introverts. We all know someone in our lives that would perfectly fit into this category. Or you yourself might be one. How do you tell? Introverts are usually the first to be drained by social encounters and find solo activities (often involving creativity) to be energizing. But they are not to be misconstrued as shy, or having social phobia. Many are very sociable. Unlike extroverts who find it difficult to stay put, introverts can adapt to almost any situation. Here are some activities you'll catch introverts like myself doing:

1. Play video games…and sometimes intensely quiet

There is no one else around. The only company such an introvert wants is that of the screen in front of him, his or her remote device and the food at their disposal.

2. Reading a book

The best entertainment is sometimes when your imagination and the words in front of you are mashed together for the best stories. Sometimes we get so invested in the character it becomes real. Say, Harry Potter?!

3. In a party surrounded by only people they're really close to

Sure parties during the summer are "where it's at," but for introverts, it's another story. If you catch glimpse of one, they are often only talking to people they came with and avoiding contact with new people. And as this next GIF explains, they sometimes cant take all of the fluff, so they leave...

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F05%2F26%2F635998388481892769-1353385154_Master-of-leaving-parties.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=730&h=aa7f21d16de5bb164d12de945d4db7d917a456d5d69ca3c600bdc643463c5a8f&size=980x&c=1357394079 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F05%252F26%252F635998388481892769-1353385154_Master-of-leaving-parties.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D730%26h%3Daa7f21d16de5bb164d12de945d4db7d917a456d5d69ca3c600bdc643463c5a8f%26size%3D980x%26c%3D1357394079%22%7D" expand=1]

4. Chilling in a hammock

Ah, yes. just talking about this activity makes me long for the perfect weather to just lay in a hammock and forget about society. Or if an introvert like I is sly enough, we might hang one indoors.

5. Painting/Coloring

An activity for all ages, painting and coloring is relaxing for the soul. Introverts appreciate hand on maybe because it makes up for the lack of socializing.

6. Choose going to a fireworks show instead of putting their own show on.

In Tulsa, it's basically illegal to set off your own fireworks. So, I'd rather stay from intimidating officers and enjoy a professional show on the lawns near riverside.

7. Binge-watch Netflix

Who doesn't like to just sit and watch all that Netflix has to offer?!

8. Taking a nap

"Just gimme 15," and I'll be right back to watching more Netflix.

9. Keep up with friends over social media

"I don't appreciate your extroverted presence for more than 15 minutes, so I'm just going to keep up with your SnapStory. That party looks like a rager!"

10. Enjoy non-extraneous activities with close friends

Me and my close and also introverted friends like to hang out with our boring selves, tossing between one boring thing to another.

11. Surf the web…a lot

Amazon, Spotify, Youtube, etc. Yup!

12. Planning their next outing

Basically...

13. Make excuses not to go out

Friend: "What are you doing?"

ME: "Nothing."

Friend: "Want to hang out?"

ME: "What do you have in mind?"

Friend: "Thrift Shop?"

ME: "Oh wait I just forgot to dust all the frames in my room. Sorry!"