12 Verses To Get You Through The Stress Of School And Everyday Life

Philippians 4:13

71
Edukacija

As the school year is kicking off, the amount of stress builds up for most students. Syllabus day is fun and all until you put all the dates into your planner. You realize that it is go time and your stress-free lifestyle in the summer is long gone. I always get way over-stressed, even though most things are not due for a few weeks, maybe even months. So this year I wanted to start the school year trying to reduce my stress as much as possible. I am using these verses to help guide my year so I can stay away from stress-eating and focus on getting things done so I have time to relax. I hope these verses will help you in times of stress and worry!

1. "But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me." 2 Timothy 4:17

This comforts me to know He is with me and will help me through the stress. He will give you strength.

2. "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

The Lord cares for you, he wants to help you with your problems. You don't have to face them alone.

3. "God is within her, she will not fall." Psalm 46:5

One of my all-time favorite verses, I have it framed on my desk. You can't fail with God on your side. Yes, you may fail by earthly standards, but not by your Heavenly Father's standards.

4. "Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything. And when you pray always give thanks." Philippians 4:6

This is one I need to write everywhere! I love to worry, actually I don't love it, but I do it all the time. Of course, we will have worries, we are human after all. Instead of focusing on them, pray and ask for guidance through them. But ALWAYS be thankful. I know sometimes I will run to Him with a list of problems, but never give God the thanks He deserves.

5. "When you go through deep waters, I will be with you." Isaiah 43:2

Cue Cold Water with Justin Bieber. What he sings in that song reminds me of this verse. God is going to be with us when our troubles are deep and we feel alone. He will be in the water with us, except he doesn't have to jump in like the Biebs, he is already there before we even enter it.

6. "The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14

I am the type of person that wants to handle everything, I can do it all by myself. In reality, that is impossible. I need God to help me, not myself. This verse isn't telling you to be lazy and do nothing, instead you should let God take control and follow him. He is fighting for you right now, don't let stress make you forget that.

7. "I will walk by faith, even when I can not see." 2 Corinthians 5:7

It is hard to believe in something we can't see, especially when it is our future. The problems pile up and you have little faith that God will do anything to help you. You are stuck. I struggle with having faith that God will really come through, but time and time again He shows me he will.

8. "For with God nothing shall be impossible." Luke 1:37

If this doesn't ease the stress, I don't know what will. This is like God saying "I got you." It might seem impossible, but He has heard that before.

9. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7

You shouldn't be scared, God didn't call us to feel that way. He loves you. He will strengthen you (see #1.) But you have to do the work and keep yourself on track. He has given you the tools, you just have to use them.

10. "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up." 1 Thessalonians 5:11

This is so important. When I get stressed, I take it out on others and that is no way to handle stress. We need to encourage one another, we all have stress and problems in our lives.

11. "I lift my eyes to the hills, from where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made Heaven and Earth." Psalm 121:1-2

I love the song Praise You In This Storm which quotes this verse. (I encourage you to listen to this song when you are stressed, it always brings me peace.) The Lord who created the Earth is your help, what could be more comforting than that? Lift your eyes to him and accept his help.

12. "Jesus replied, You don't understand what I am doing now, but someday you will." John 13:7

You might wonder why you are having these troubles or why God is putting you through something, I know that happens to me a lot. We have no idea what God is doing, but He does and He promises us one day, we will know. So take heart, you will understand soon enough.