12 Fashion Trends That Must Be Stopped

12 Fashion Trends That Must Be Stopped

The Kardashians may be trend-setters, but these suck.

464
12 Fashion Trends That Must Be Stopped
Blood and Chanel

CAUTION: There are currently a number of ugly trends plaguing the fashion world. They are being mistaken by many as harmless and even alluring but, be warned, they are most definitely a danger to girls' outfits everywhere. Just one of this list's items has the power to ruin a perfectly good outfit. The unattractive clothing items and unexplainably-popular beauty fads on this list are especially terrible.Steer clear of these try-hard looks! Do less!

1. Corset belts

I blame the Kardashian/Jenner family and their unfortunate ability to make just about anything popular for this one because there is no way this trend came about any other way. These look so awkward and out of place.

2. Thigh-high, denim boots

It truly pains me to bring Lady Gaga into this because I love her so much but these are so ugly. Distressed, light-wash, baggy, jean boots will never look anything but poorly homemade.

3. Thigh-high, clear boots

I swear I don't hate thigh-highs but 2016 and '17 are really giving them a bad image. Who's to blame? Well, the photos above are of Kim K and a Yeezy model so... I'm not saying the Kardashian family and friends are to blame for all the ugly trends but they certainly aren't helping.

4. EXTREMELY cropped hoodies

Although I do recognize that this is a tricky way to show off your boobs while staying warm, I also recognize that it looks straight up dumb. Yes, I know Christian Cowan styled Cardi B's look. So who am I to say it's style-less but... I'm saying it.

5. Nothing but eyeshadow... and lots of it

Mac Cosmetics has been showing love for this look on Instagram lately, as it makes its comeback from the 80's, but I don't know why considering it looks like someone put their eyeshadow on, fell asleep before they could finish their eye makeup, and rolled around a bit before going out.

6. Jeweled teeth

Is it just me or do these tooth gems look like some weird, cheap prize us 90's babies would have gotten from Chuck E. Cheese's as a kid?

7. Smudged "lollipop" lips

Um... no? Why would you purposefully look a mess? I seriously thought this was a joke when I first saw it and had to check Mac Cosmetics' Instagram page to find the post before believing that it is apparently a trend.

8. Lace up Thrasher apparel/band merch

Don't get me wrong, IN THEORY I like Thrasher apparel and think rock T's are eternally in style. But not like this. They're so overworn by everyone these days that I swear younger generations are going to think Metallica is a clothing brand.

9. Oversized, all-black chokers

It's time to let go of these. That's all I have to say about that.

10. DIY Yeezy sock heels

I'm not sure if people were actually doing this and I really hope not but I do know that the idea was circulating on social media with the help of famous beauty vlogger Carli Bybel... and that was enough. One DIY video was enough of this trend.

11. Dot eyeliner

Of course, picture perfect celebs like Lianne La Havas (pictured above) can make anything look good... but maybe we should leave this look to them. This one can easily end up looking like costume makeup.

12. Random phrase T-shirts

I truly do not know anyone who still likes these or how they're still around. Just today, my shopping trip to Forever 21 was made difficult, as phrases like "Pizza is my soulmate," "Model Squad," "Mondays suck," and "Whateva Foreva" pulled sneak attacks on me with every turn of a jacket sleeve or T-shirt.