12 Times "Friends" Accurately Described Being Broke

Even the characters on this show can relate to being broke.

4
Independent

Today I sat down and I started planning what to get for my apartment. And I realized something: I'm so poor. I work a lot and I've gotten A LOT better with my spending habits. I'm proud of myself, to be honest. But I still don't have a lot of money, which makes planning for things like apartments pretty terrifying. I'm just going to keep focusing on working and saving and (maybe) treating myself every once in a while. Anyway, here is my positive twist on a not so fun subject!

1. When you have to say no when a friend invited you to go eat (or do anything really) because you have no money.

2. When you online shop and realize you can't afford anything so there's no point in shopping at all.

3. When you feel left out because all your friends have money and are hanging out without you and telling you about it.

4. When you look at peoples' social media and get mad because you can't understand why they get to live such a lavish life and you're POOR.

5. When you stalk peoples' vacation photos on Facebook because you can't afford to go on a vacation of your own.

6. When you check you bank account and just get SO SAD.

7. When you realize how much you have to buy for the upcoming year and get stressed.

8. When you have to miss the concert that everyone went to because you can't afford it.

9. When you miss out on fun parties/hanging out with your friends because you're always working.

10. When you have a mental breakdown over if you'll be able to afford that new dresser you need for your apartment.

11. When you finally allow yourself to buy that necklace you wanted forever.

12. When you realize that being poor isn't that bad as long as you have other poor people by your side.