12 Times Beyoncé SNATCHED My Edges And Wig

Imma let you finish but....

441
Instagram

Surprise, surprise, I’m back with another Beyoncé article. And it's perfect timing because she is nominated for nine Grammy's. NINE. Is. Your. Fave?

Ok, let’s do this. You read the headline, so you already know what this is about. 12 Times Beyoncé SNATCHED my edges and wig. And yes, SNATCHED has to capitalized because she didn’t just snatch it, she SNATCHED it. There’s a difference. Do I even wear a wig? No. But did that prevent her SNATCHING it? No. So let’s look at this very small list because we all know Beyoncé stays SNATCHING edges and wigs all day. These are also in no particular order because it would take me 21,345,960,386 years to think of what order to put these in. Here we go.

1. Performing BEYONCÉ at the 2014 VMAS

1. Beyoncé dropping BEYONCÉ out of nowhere

For those of you who do not know, in 2013 Beyoncé changed the game with that digital drop and gave us her first visual album, self-titled BEYONCÉ and performed it live at the 2014 VMAS. Home girl dropped BEYONCÉ out of nowhere and as all of her albums do, it gave me liiiiiiiife. Some of my faves off of that album include (but are not limited to): Blow, Partition, Jealous, No Angel, Haunted, and ***Flawless. I love the whole album obviously, those are just my favorites.

2. Performing BEYONCÉ at the 2014 VMAS

Now back to this one, Beyoncé went on that stage and performed her visual album. What other artist goes to an award and performs their whole album? It’s not even an award show anymore, it’s a Beyoncé concert now. Everyone who was able to attend that award show should realize how lucky were to have been able to see the queen live.

3. Transition from XO to Blow at the 2014 VMAS

Queen of transitions right here!!!!!!!!! My mind was blown when she did that transition. Everyone just needs to take notes from Bey on how to do transitions because she nails it. Every. Single. Time. And it was just something special for me because off of that album everyone mostly talks about ‘Drunk in Love’ or ‘Partition’ which are bangers don’t get me wrong, but some songs off that album don’t get the credit they deserve, and ‘Blow’ is one of them. If ‘Blow’ doesn’t make you want to dance, then we’re obviously not listening to the same song. Watch the masterpiece of a transition here. Sorry I couldn't find just the performance with decent quality so start at 1:26:50!

4. Revealing her baby bump at 2011 VMAs

Since we’re on the topic of VMAs I might as well just stay here. She was serving allllll the vocals while singing ‘Love on Top’ and then she removed her jacket to reveal that she was pregnant. ‘Love on Top’ can honestly be its own because category because the notes that she’s hitting are unreal.

5. Showing us what it was like to have a REAL performer SINGING and DANCING at the 2016 VMA's

Ok, so shout out to the VMA's for always giving such iconic Beyoncé performances. Not trying to throw any shade here but a certain artist (who I do like) opened the show and gave a performance that I would call....meh. And that's putting it nicely. But thankfully, Beyoncé came out later that night practically performing her whole visual album Lemonade, slaying the stage while both singing and dancing. Fun fact: Beyoncé can run a mile while singing, can your fave?

6. Showing us she can dance

As a dancer, I approve of Beyoncé dancing in her music videos and while on tour. I mean, she obviously doesn’t need my approval, but yeah you catch my drift. Look at her dancing in that sand, yas Bey!

7. Hearing her sing ‘Resentment’ live

Let me tell you something. When I say my edges were SNATCHED when she sang ‘Resentment,’ I mean it. The emotion, the vocals, the everything. She had me about to break down crying like I was the one who was getting cheated on. I’m never going to forget that performance (it was on the On The Run Tour).

8. Performing at Superbowl XLVII

This was a special performance for me, because not only did Beyoncé, perform but the Ravens (I’m from Baltimore) were also in the Superbowl (and won!). So this was a pretty exciting day for me.

9. Performing at Superbowl 50

Yooooooo so let me tell you about this day. But to talk about the day of the Superbowl, I first have to talk about the day before, February 6. All was calm, and then she dropped Formation. Obviously it was lit. There's no need to expand on how such a good song Formation is and the powerful message behind the lyrics and video.

I love football, so Beyoncé performing at another Superbowl was just icing on the cake. But imagine my excitement when Beyoncé came out performing a song she just dropped the day before. I was speechless, but at the same time I wasn't because I was singing along to the best of my capabilities. And then after the halftime show the very next commercial was that she was going on tour!!!!!!!!!!! And then my mom texted me saying she'll get me tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #blessed

10. Giving us that iconic horn intro in Crazy in Love

The song only has to play for .00000424367 seconds for anyone to know what it is. It came out in 2003 and it is still iconic. It's so iconic that Disney Channel had to make a bootleg version of it on That's so Raven. (btw the way Raven reacts when the song comes on is the way I react when it any Beyoncé song comes on).

11. Performing at the 2016 CMA's

Yes you read that right. Beyoncé performed at the 2016 Country Music Awards. "But Beyoncé isn't country." Says who?! She's everything. Bye. And not only that she killed it. Just look at those hips and those curves, yaaaas!! I'll be expecting a return to the CMA's in 2017, Bey.

12. Performing at the 2017 Grammy's

I know she's not scheduled to perform at the Grammy's, but a girl can dream. I have hope! Even if she doesn't perform I know she'll be there and her dress will look BOMB leaving my edges and wig SNATCHED of course.

So that's it! It's a very short list I know, I could go on for days. I was really scattered brained while writing most of this because there's just so much she's done and I know I wouldn't have been able to name it all. So tell me some of your favorite times Beyoncé SNATCHED your edges and wig in the comments! I love meeting fellow Beyoncé fans.