12 Stages Of Band As Illustrated By Spongebob

Yeah, I'm in a band. Marching Band.

98
Spongebob Wikipedia

It is the end of summer, and for most people, that means back-to-school shopping, hanging out with your friends one last time before school starts and soaking up the final rays of sunshine that go along with summer. But for a student enrolled in band, it means a very special time: Band Camp. There are many stages of the band season, and the best way to illustrate them are through Spongebob quotes and pictures.

1. The excitement of the first day of band camp.

You're so excited that you're there at least 15 minutes early.

2. When you play the music that will be this year's field show.

"OH MY GOD, THIS IS THE MOST WONDERFUL THING I THINK I'VE EVER HEARD!"

3. When the freshman are confused about what's going on.

"Wait, what are we doing? Where are we going? Why are we doing this? I'm confused. Is mayonnaise an instrument?"

Same, freshman, same.

4. When percussion does something undeniably stupid.

"Wait, we're supposed to keep the beat?"

(facepalm)

5. When it is finally time to set drill.

"Can we set drill yet? Can we set drill yet?"

It's almost like asking if we're there yet.

6. When you have to think of ways to remember each drill spot.

My band director made up names like "the seashell" and "the dragon".

Basically, my band director was cool. Shout out to you, Mr. Sensenig!

7. When someone plays when they're not supposed to.

Just don't.

8. When it's the fifth day of band camp and you're just so "over it" and tired.

"OK, surely we're done now and I can go home. Right? No? Cool." (cries)

9. When you've ran drill so many times that you must have some muscle by now.

"This is better than going to the gym. Plus, this exercise is mandatory; I can't say I'll do it tomorrow."

10. When you put on the uniform for the first time this season.

"THIS IS BETTER THAN EVERYTHING IN MY CLOSET COMBINED!"

11. When you put on the first show of the year.

"Yeah, I'm in a band." (smirks)

12. When the band season is over.

"But... but... I miss it..."