12 Reasons Why I love Christmas

12 Reasons Why I love Christmas

There are so many reasons why I love the Christmas time!

Christmas is my favorite holiday for many reasons. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas

1. The Decorations

Everything is so colorful and jolly. All the stores have bright lights and sparkly decorations. Homes have Christmas trees glistening through the window with bright lights and snowflakes and ice sickles coming from the rooftop.

2. Hot Chocolate

I am the type of person who does not like eggnog but I love some hot coco. Add milk and some little marshmallows make it incredible. Put it in a cute little Christmas mug makes it even better.

3. Snow

In North Carolina, it hardly snows during winter, but I have seen snow. I love playing in the snow, making forts, and building snowmen. I love watching my dogs play in the snow. It is so beautiful and breathtaking.

4. Christmas Movies

I enjoy wrapping up on the couch with tons of blankets and watching a good Christmas movie. My favorite is Home Alone and the Charlie Brown Christmas Special. Those always put me in the mood.

5. Wrapping Gifts

There is something about putting together a gift. Wrapping it up and putting a pretty bow on top is so pleasing. Then to put it under the tree makes it even more beautiful.

6. Spending Time with Family & Friends

Nothing honestly beats spending quality time with your family and friends. The conversations are always funny and entertaining. You create more memories as you reminisce on the old ones. Laughter is in the air and so is a good time.

7. The Food

This is when the best food is cooked. You get to fill up and eat more than you ever had. You get to have a wonderful home-cooked meal and gather around the table with friends and family. This is also the time when there are so many desserts that are oh so yummy.

8. Giving Back

I think it is important to give back in your community. You can go to the soup kitchen, volunteer with an organization, or adopt a kid to give gifts to. All of these are great ideas and there are plenty more depending on where you live.

9. Buying Gifts for Others

I get so giddy and excited when I buy a gift for a loved one. I imagine their reaction and what they’re going to feel inside when they unwrap their gift. They will see the sentiment and thought that I put into the gift.

10. The Christmas Tree

Finding the perfect Christmas tree is the best. You search long and hard and maybe even chop your own one down. Then you get to put it up and the whole house smells of the tree. You get to decorate the tree and watch it come alive. This is when the magic comes alive.

11. Opening Gifts

I think everyone enjoy opening presents. I cannot wait to open gifts from loved ones because it really is the thought that counts. I enjoy seeing their faces when I open the gift because they bought it thinking of me and that is what matters most.

12. The Christmas Spirit

There is such thing as the Christmas spirit. Everyone is jolly and happy. The giving mood is increased and being friendly becomes the norm. Smiles and laughter are coming from everyone.