12 Reasons Why Joe Biden Is Your New Best Friend

This isn't a bunch of malarkey.

115

You know him as second-in-command or possibly as the Vice President of the United States, but you may not know what exactly he's all about. He's Joe Biden and he's quite possibly your new role model and best friend.

1. He's the first Vice President that is a Delawarean

I feel a personal connection to this factor mainly because I grew up 15 minutes from the Delaware border and an even closer connection since my best friend went to his high school. He did so much for the state of Delaware as Senator and I know he loves the state through and through.

2. The epitome of a family man

He's a father and grandfather and you just know he holds his family first in his heart. When his son, Beau, died of brain cancer you could just tell how much he loved him. In his son's honor, the family began the Beau Biden Foundation, which aims to protect children.

3. He's best friends with Barack Obama

The sad thing about the end of the Obama presidency is the end of one of the greatest bromances of all time. If you need convincing or have never seen their bromance in action, I suggest a thorough watch of this video because it really explains all you need to know.

4. He's like a dog -- Loyal AF

If being true to your home state, your family, and your President isn't proof that Biden is loyal to everyone then I don't know how to convince you otherwise. It's true that Obama and Biden share a deep bond -- in and out of politics.

5. He fights hard for what he believes in

At the Democratic National Convention last Wednesday, Biden gave a great speech about Obama, politics and Hillary Clinton. If you need to know what kind of person Biden is, I strongly suggest watching the 6-minute tribute video that preceded his speech that night. It shows that he worked hard to get laws in place and his voice heard in Senate -- something many people are thankful for.

6. His feminist agenda

He helped to draft the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), which created the National Domestic Violence Hotline, something this country should be incredibly thankful for. During the United State of Women Summit, Biden used his speech to talk about rape. A topic that is still stigmatized by blaming the victim. In his speech he said, "violence against women is a crime, plain and simple." He even wrote a response to the Stanford rape survivor, one of the most moving writings I've had a chance to read.

7. He loves his country so much that he ran for President -- twice

In 1988, Biden set out to become the youngest President since JFK. Unfortunately, do to controversy, Biden ended up pulling out of the race. Thankfully this happened since he had to have a lifesaving surgery after two aneurysms. In 2008, Biden set out again to campaign but ended when his support wasn't the same as 10 years prior. Obama announced him as his running mate and they lived happily ever after.

8. He's got a thing for aviator sunglasses

It seems like any time I see a picture of Biden, he's rocking a pair of aviator sunglasses. For a 73- year-old, that's some stellar style he's got.

9. He understands the middle class

He's seen some of the worst parts of Delaware and comes from a middle class family. He's probably the realest Senator and VP, like. Ever.

10. He says things like "malarkey"

Also at the DNC on Wednesday, Biden strongly used the word "malarkey" during his speech. Although it is not a commonly used word, it sure is a Bidenism. If you need more Biden things, check out this Buzzfeed article full of great Biden moments.

11. His younger years

We all know what a great politician Biden was before he was VP, but what about his looks. If you type Joe Biden into Google Images, the first subcategory will be "young". There's a reason for this. I'll just leave this picture here.

12. His undying love for ice cream

Joe Biden is probably at his happiest when he is holding and eating ice cream. I can't blame him. When I'm sad or need a pick-me-up, a pint of Ben & Jerry's and these pictures on Google are always there for me.

Whether or not I convinced you that Joe Biden is your favorite person, you have to admit he's a pretty incredible guy. I'll truly be sad seeing him leave office but I know he's always there fighting for what's right.