12 Hamilton Gifs To Explain The Emotional Rollercoaster Of The Election

Much like Alexander Hamilton, this election is non-stop.
5288

Over the past year, two things have remained constant. Two things have come up again and again as significant events in history, and two things have challenged the American people to think differently than they ever have before: the Broadway hit "Hamilton" and the presidential election. With Clinton and Trump officially being the major party nominees, and several original cast members leaving Hamilton—including the playwright and composer Lin-Manuel—there have been significant changes made to both over the course of the year.

"Hamilton" takes place during the American Revolution and our nation's founding, up to the year 1804. With a war, three presidents, and plenty of drama, "Hamilton" can truly express many of our thoughts throughout the course of this election.

1. Other countries watching this election

Most of us feel the same way, but least they get to walk away.

2. Deciding which candidate to support

Angelica or Eliza? A pretty difficult decision. But when you had to choose between O'Malley, Sanders and Clinton, or Rubio, Cruz, Trump, Carson and a score of others, it was significantly more complicated.

3. When your candidate won a state

Was there any better feeling than when you knew you and your fellow party members were on the same page?

4. When your candidate lost a state

Much like Eliza, we also felt like we were watching it all burn.

5. When your candidate dropped out of the race

It stings, and it's even worse when you realize you need to choose someone else—one that you likely badmouthed because you were so sure of your candidate. It causes so much pain.

6. Watching the debates and listening to candidates' repetitive speeches

Heed Burr's advice and save yourself some more embarrassment and breath, politicians.

7. When you haven't read the news for a day (or several)

It's easy to get excited when you forget that the election is absolute chaos.

8. But then you actually turn on the news

So much happens in just one day, it's nearly impossible to keep up with it all.

9. How it feels knowing that either Clinton or Trump will be president

One way or another, we're in for a wild ride. Let's wait as long as we can.

10. All the while, you have this reminder in the back of your head

It's difficult to make an informed decision with history staring at you the whole time.

11. With so much going on, you kind of wish you could vote for one of the Schuyler sisters

As informed, passionate and outspoken women, Angelica, Eliza and Peggy would all be some pretty solid options.

12. Or a man who has been dead for 212 years

Considering dead people because we're just that Hamildone with this election.