12 Fictional Bands That You Wish Existed

We'll be on Ticket Master in a heartbeat if they announced a tour.

35
Empire

If any of these bands posted tour dates, we'd be on Ticket Master typing in those card digits faster than we can recall our social security number. In these shows and movies, these artists were hands down the highlight and there is no shame in knowing every single word to their songs. You may have forgotten about their “existence," but all you need is a quick refresher to make you groan, wondering why they're not real.

Crafted to be included on the big screen, these songs have an agenda. Whether its to save the environment or to spread body positivity, they bring it home with all the passion in the world. The songs didn't come from the minds of these fictional heroes, but writers who slaved over the lyrics so that they flawlessly flowed into their medium. Needless to say, they succeeded. Surely if we sign a petition, we can get these artists to make a world tour for the sake of our nostalgia.

Let's let the music speak for itself. Here are 10 of the best artists to rock the big screen.

1. Pink Slip from “Freaky Friday”

Pink Slip just makes you want to rebel against anything that's ever been preached at you. This is a sure sign that Lindsey Lohan, or Jamie Lee Curtis should have pursued music instead of acting. The solo of this one was a team effort, but the performance is one to remember regardless.

2. Sex Bob-omb from “Scott Pilgrim vs. The World”

Music is so central in this one with various bands that are regrettably, not real, playing periodically, with intermissions of humor and evil exes. It kind of feels like Warped Tour if you think about it. This comic-based movie comes alive with its great tunes and of course, Michael Cera being Michael Cera. You'll learn all the right moves when it comes to the dance floor, and well, defeating a few evil exes here and there. It's a win-win.

Let's all just take a moment to admit that we were all Knives when we saw our favorite band live for the first time and possibly, so on...

3. The Cheetah Girls from “The Cheetah Girls”

This movie came out in 2003, but you still know every word and your favorite Cheetah Girl probably didn't change. This group of strong role models drive messages of feminism and unity. Not the mention they had the best choreography. You and your crew would have had a blast getting dressed up for one of their shows in cheetah apparel and letting your inner divas out of the cage.

4. The Barden Bella's from “Pitch Perfect”

This power house's journey and performance is stellar. Anyone who was skeptical about acapella knows now. These ladies effortlessly combine songs you wouldn't expect and raise their voices in the perfect collaboration. Together they shine, showcasing their individual talents and it's no surprise they took home the gold.

5. Chip Skylark from “The Fairly OddParents”

Admit it, you became so much more dedicated to brushing your teeth after hearing this track. What's not to like about this dude? He practices proper hygiene and brings body positivity to new heights. Plus, he made one of the best dis tracks of all time, “Icky Vicky.”

6. Soggy Bottom Boys from “O Brother, Where Art Though?”

Remember them? You probably caught their tune in your high school English class or stumbled upon your parents gushing over this recording session. There's no denying they've got flow. Their southern charm and wit is a bonus.

7. The Get Down Brothers from “The Get Down”

These guys knew what was up with hip hop before it was even called hip hop. They celebrate the birth of the genre as well as black culture, spreading only love and good vibes. Be sure to peep out Jaden Smith and check out the first season on Netflix.

8. Hannah Montana from “Hannah Montana”

Lucky enough for us, she was an artist we could see live. Now, the closest we'll get to Hannah Montana is Miley Cyrus, but we all know that it's just not the same. Hannah's music spoke volumes with valuable life lessons and a sound totally independent from Miley. And her double life was really easy to get wrapped up in.

9. Boyz 4 Now from “Bob's Burgers”

These guys have their priorities straight, not to mention fire lyrics. Plus, they're one of those boy bands you can't resist gossiping about.

10. The Hex Girls from “Scooby-Doo! and the Witch's Ghost"

Yes, these sick chicks were from "Scooby-Doo!" They embrace all that goes bump in the night to shed their unique perspective on dating and nudge us to go green. What's not to love? Like seriously, why aren't these ghouls real?

11. School of Rock from “School of Rock”

There is no excuse why your school band experience was not exactly this. Each of these kids, and of course their fearless leader, Jack Black, showcase what they're workin' with.

12. Lola from “Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen”

Who doesn't love an underdog who rises to the occasion? Lola surpasses high school drama to stand out from the crowd and chase her dreams. Yeah, she's a drama queen, but People Magazine isn't in business for telling us what celebs had for lunch.

Which (fictional) artist is your favorite?