12 Bible Verses About Serving the Lord

12 Bible Verses About Serving the Lord

Our call from the Lord to serve Him.

357658
12 Bible Verses About Serving the Lord
pinterest.com

It has recently come upon me that I can believe in the Lord with all my heart, soul, and mind, but there is a key piece missing in my walk with Christ. As a child of Christ and as a servant of Christ, I realize that I need to serve him. In addition, to believing in Him with all my heart, soul, and mind; I need to serve Him in the same spirit as well.

For example, James 2:17 says, "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone."

Here are 12 bible verses that directly use one of the words "serve", "servant", and "service" as an indicator of the significance of applying beliefs with good works.

1. Deuteronomy 11:13

" And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and all your soul."

2. Joshua 24:15

" And if it seem evil unto to you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

3. Psalm 2:11

" Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling."

4. Matthew 6:24

" No man can serve two masters:for either he will hate the one, and love the other ; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

5. John 12:26

"If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shallow also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour."

6. Hebrews 9:14

"How much more shall the blood of Christ who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

7. Isaiah 42:1

"Behold thy servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in who my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him : he shall bring forth judgement to the Gentiles."

8. Matthew 20:27

" And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant."

9. Matthew 25:21

“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.Come and share your master’s happiness!’

10. Romans 6:17

"But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. "

11. 1 Corinthians 9:19

"For though I be free from all men, yet I have made myself servant."

12. Philippians 2:7-8

"rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!"

Serving should never feel like a chore as followers of Christ. As it says in Psalm 100:2, "Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before Him with joyful singing."