12 Best Romance Movies

12 Best Romance Movies

Are you in the mood for a good romance movie? Check out this list!

602
12 Best Romance Movies

I am a huge fan of romance movies. I have watched just about everything, from "Casablanca" to "50 First Dates."I have managed to get my list down to 12 movies that I believe are the best, most original and, of course, the most romantic.

1. "Me Before You."

This film is number one on my list for a reason! "Me Before You" has everything you could ever want in a movie: humor, British accents, love, inspiration, beautiful landscapes, wit and impeccable acting. This movie is refreshingly different than most chick flicks. "Me Before You" follows quirky, awkward Louisa Clarke (Emilia Clarke), who takes a job taking care of a man, Will Traynor (Sam Claflin), who has recently become paralyzed from a tragic accident. Louisa makes it her mission to show Will that life is worth living. This movie left my heart happy, and I completely fell in love with Louisa. I cannot recommend this one enough!

2. "When Harry Met Sally."

This romantic comedy is a classic in so many ways. Harry and Sally capture the true nature of best friends with their hilarious dialogue and extremely tight bond. Happy and light-hearted, this movie is perfect to watch with your friends!

3. "The Fault in Our Stars."

Oh, the tears! Grab your tissues for this one! "The Fault in Our Stars" will undoubtedly make you ugly cry, but it is totally worth it. Following Hazel and Augustus Waters on their journey together is bound to hit close to home. Both characters are incredibly intelligent and realistic, with raw, human emotion and also great strength. There are some incredibly beautiful lines that come from John Green's original novel in the film that will stick with you long after the movie is finished.

4. "About Time."

"I just try to live every day as if it was the final day of my extraordinary, ordinary life."

This is a movie you can watch over and over again. You will instantly fall in love with Tim (Domhnall Gleeson), who is awkward, unintentionally funny and just all around adorable. He hopes for one thing: to fall in love. However, when he learns that the men in his family have the remarkable gift of time travel, Tim learns just how intertwined time, fate and love can be. Witty, heart-warming and simply romantic, "About Time" is impossible not to love.

5. "Pride and Prejudice."

Starring the tall, dark and handsome Mr. Darcy and strong-willed Elizabeth Bennet, sparks fly! This movie has such beautiful music and stunning scenery that together create the perfect, romantic ambiance.

6. "Ever After."

This Cinderella story is much better than Disney. Drew Barrymore plays Danielle, or Cinderella, in the story. She is a fantastic feminist, progressive character who stands up for what is right. Prince Henry falls in love with Danielle for her fiery spirit and passion, and even learns from her. Danielle is a princess who doesn't need saving, but deserves love, and that is exactly what she finds.

7. "The Princess Bride."

This romance is great for anyone that also loves fairy tales or fantasy. With ROUSes (rodents of unusual size), a giant, a game of wits, a Pit of Despair and a Fire Swamp, this movie will make you chuckle at its creativity and quirkiness. The adventures of Buttercup and Westley is wildly entertaining and full of magic.

8. "Dirty Dancing."

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner."

Patrick Swayze and sexy dance moves? What else do I need to say? This is a great classic with the perfect summer romance. Additionally, this movie has a great soundtrack, with songs such as "The Time of My Life" and "Hungry Eyes" that will be stuck in your head for days after watching. Spicy, sensual and sexy, you are bound to enjoy this movie!

9. "Sweet Home Alabama."

With sweet, southern charm and a small-town, country feel, this film has a special place in my heart. Melanie (Reese Witherspoon) is the hottest fashion designer in New York, but when she is proposed to by her rich and successful boyfriend, she must go back to Alabama to face her past. She soon realizes what she left behind and finds much more than she ever expected. Funny, cute and charming, "Sweet Home Alabama" is the perfect addition to your favorite romantic films.

10. "He's Just Not That Into You."

Sometimes the best romance movies are about discovering yourself rather than your true love. This movie is about several different types of relationships, from dating, to an affair and even to a failing marriage. The best part about this movie is not every character ends up with their "true love," which makes this film empowering to those of us who have grown from broken hearts. You are bound to relate to at least one of the characters, and maybe even learn about relationships along the way!

11. "Titanic."

This movie will forever be amazing for so many reasons. This movie has a little bit of everything: action, sensuality, romance, suspense, tragedy and inspiration. Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) and Rose (Kate Winslet) do not only make an incredibly attractive couple, but their characters are dynamic and mesmerizing. This film also has beautiful music, scenery and sets that give you a magical feeling on the "unsinkable ship."

12. "The Notebook."

Allie (Rachel McAdams) and Noah (Ryan Gosling) will always take home the trophy for being the best couple of all. They're relationship is far from perfect, but their love for each other is strong. The biggest reason this movie is so great is that it is relatable and personal on so many levels, from the challenges they face to their own flaws. Allie and Noah bring passion, emotion, hope and inspiration.

From Your Site Articles