11 Ways To Live More Confidently

11 Ways To Live More Confidently

Because life isn't easy for any of us...

18
11 Ways To Live More Confidently

Have you ever thought about someone who you perceive as an emblem of confidence and wish you could think and act as they do? Surely, most of us have. Those who exuberate confidence are often admired by those around them for seeming so comfortable in themselves. You, too, can live freely and confidently— it starts with acceptance. Here are a few tips to help you start living more confidently:

1. Accept yourself as you are.

This is most important. There are things you can change about yourself and things you can't. Recognize your strengths, accept your flaws, and acknowledge areas in which you want to grow or improve.

Self-loathing will never lead you down a path of self-confidence.

2. Stop comparing yourself to those around you.

This jumps off of the previous tip— you are your own, unique person. Comparing yourself to others in a negative light will never bring a positive result. Instead, reflect on the things you're good at and the things you love about yourself and accentuate them.

3. Do what makes you happy.

To feel good about yourself, you definitely have to do what you love.

Now, I know it's not possible for everyone to quit their jobs and attempt to make careers out of what he or she loves...but, it IS possible to do what you love in some regard outside of that job.

Passionate about animals? Volunteer at your local shelter on a weeknight or weekend. Into health and wellness? Fuel your body with what it needs to feel good or personal train in your free time.

There's always a way to incorporate your passions into your life, which will boost your confidence!

4. Have a role model.

Find someone that you look up to and ask them questions about their work life or personal life.

Mentors are important to success.

5. Care for yourself.

Nothing wrong with some self-love!!! Take care of yourself mentally, physically, and socially. If you do, you'll be able to help and positively influence those around you to do and feel the same.

Talk about a win-win.

6. Set reasonable goals.

Set attainable goals for yourself. It's crucial to have something to work towards, but it shouldn't be too big or too small.

Small goals will prevent you from working hard and pushing yourself, but a goal that's too broad will leave you questioning yourself, and therefore, damper your confidence.

7. Identify and accept challenges. 

To move past mental blocks and obstacles, you need to acknowledge their existence.

8. Utilize positive self-talk.

Use less "I cant's..." and "I'll never be like..." and start referring to your abilities positively!

Try using "I can," "I will," "I am...."

Baby steps can make all the difference.

9. Journaling.

Write down your thoughts. In this case, let the negativity out. If it's in your head, write it down— but then refute it. For example, you may write that you're "feeling helpless today." Follow that up by journaling about how you can change that and improve your mood. For example: "I'm feeling helpless today, so I'm going to go to a hot yoga class tonight to clear my head and revitalize."

10. Teach yourself to properly accept praise from others.

Those who are inherently confident know how to accept praise when they receive it. Instead of immediately shooting down praise and compliments from others, thank them for their comment and find a way to bring that individual up as well. If you continue to shoot down praise from others, you'll see yourself more and more negatively over time.

11. Be kind.

While self-love and self-positivity are important, as I said previously, lifting up your peers is just as important to achieving maximum confidence. When you radiate kindness, generosity, and positivity, it rubs off. People can feel it.