11 Ways That Spongebob Explains College

11 Ways That Spongebob Explains College

A running cartoon from 1999 has captured my life in college and journey into adulthood better than anything else ever could've.

130
11 Ways That Spongebob Explains College

We couldn't wait to graduate high school. We wanted to be adults. No more mom and dad telling us what to do! For the first time, we're independent (semi, if you're a commuter like me) and...it kinda sucks.

"Enjoy your childhood while it lasts." Who else scoffed at the phrase that almost every adult would tell us? I know I did. Now, as a junior in an university, I find myself longing for the things I despised as a child and I find myself relating to the most childish (but still one of the best shows ever) shows: Spongebob.

1. Refusing to grow up

Yes, Spongebob, being an adult sucks. Sometimes I want to cry and eat cookies instead of facing my responsibilities.

2. Being broke

The bills are piling up, the Chipotle cravings are rising, and your bank account is at three dollars.

3. Emotional breakdowns

What's college if you don't have a breakdown at least every other week?

4. Pulling an all nighter to write a paper

The bane of my existence. Shout out to MLA, APA, Chicago and any other paper style they come up with. Try me, I've done them all.

5. Realizing you have 3 friends

College will make or break your friendships. It is also a time in which we learn to be independent and spend time with ourselves more than anything.

6. You become sarcastic and apathetic

It's the golden age.

7. You value being a child

Whether it's watching cartoons or visiting Disney 24/7, you learn to embrace your inner child

8. You value your best friend

What would we do without them? They keep us sane.

9. You forget everything on the final.

There goes the past 15 weeks worth of material!

10. You're constantly stuck in traffic.

#Jesustakethewheel

11. You'll constantly be sleep deprived

Then you start to wonder "when was the last time I actually slept?"