11 Ways People With Anxiety Love Differently

When we love, we truly love.

2140
Hinesight

Living with depression and anxiety can be inhabiting, believe me, I know. For our entire lives we strive for acceptance and satisfaction of our peers. We want to feel loved, because it's so difficult to love ourselves. The moment we find someone worth loving though, we cling to them and do everything in a power to not let them go. However sometimes our anxiety makes it seem like the best idea is to let go. I'm here to tell you that love is never worth letting go of, and yes it takes time and an excruciating amount of effort to overcome all of our fears and worries, but once we do fall in love, we love hard.

1. We care, a lot, even if we don’t show it.

It's hard for us to be able to show you how much we care sometimes, only because we don't fully love ourselves so we can't give you our everything, since we can't even give ourselves our everything.

2. We will always be incredibly loyal and overprotective of you.

We know first hand what it's like to be hurt, and we would never put them pain on our partner by cheating or being disloyal, and we hope you would do the same for us.

3. We run from our problems instead of face them head on, because confrontation scares the life out of us.

This is how we lose so many relationships, because we run from everything without giving it a chance or even trying to work things out.

4. We are very oversensitive, even about the little things.

We don't know when a trigger will hit, and we overthink everything which causes us to hurt for reasons that are unknown to you, or us.

5. There are days when we want to go out and conquer the world, and other days we can’t leave our beds.

It's a tricky balance, but I promise you on the days where we need to lay in bed, all we really want is a hug or reassurance.

6. We will question you, only because our minds make us believe things that aren’t true.

Because our minds are always overthinking and overworking, we naturally question almost everything we hear. We don't want to do this, and we apologize.

7. We always worry about you. Always.

It's just something we were born to do, worry about those we love.

8. We need to feel safe, and if we feel safe with you, we will let you into our whole world, but it takes time.

It takes a lot for a person with anxiety to let you into their whole world because we don't trust easily and we have been betrayed too many times to count. Once we let you in though, I promise you it will be worth the wait.

9. We form close bonds that are heartbreaking to let go of when we have to.

Letting someone in comes with the fear of eventually losing that person. That's why when we form relationships we test the waters to see if you're deserving of our love and our all, and once we decide that you are we can't bare to lose you.

10. When we become irrational, it’s not because we’re crazy, it’s because we feel like our world is crashing down and we physically can’t breathe.

We have moments, just like everyone else. Yes, they may be scary and you may think we are crazy, but believe me we don't want to act like this, but we don't know how to control it sometimes.

11. We will love you like no one else can.

Finally, we love with all our hearts once we do fall in love, and there is no love that can compare to the love of a person with anxiety.