11 Times As Told By Ginger Got Real

11 Times As Told By Ginger Got Real

Someone once told me the grass is much greener on the other side...
2239

1. When Carl and Hoodsey's teacher, Ms. Gordon, passed away.

*The voice actress for Ms. Gordon, Kathleen Freeman, passed away shortly after post-production

2. When Darren cheated on Ginger

This is the one episode where Dodie actually did the right thing by calling Darren out on his growing feelings for someone else. He had to be the one tell Ginger the truth.

3. And then dumped her to date a cheerleader

Ginger and Darren were supposed to be forever! Let's be real, Simone never would have given Darren a second glance if he wasn't on the football team (or if he still had his headgear).

4. All the times Ginger's father doesn't show

It's pretty clear that Ginger's father, Jonas, walked out on them leaving Lois to be a single working mom. In the episode Hello Stranger, it was particularly heartbreaking when Jonas doesn't show up to Ginger's poetry reading, especially since the poem is obviously about an absentee parent.

5. When Ginger wrote the poem And She Was Gone poem and everyone was convinced she was depressed

I'm not gonna lie, this poem was pretty dark, and the rendition of the poem at the end was just plain creepy- definitely the darkest episode of the whole show.

6. When the nurses went on strike and Lois had to clean houses for money

Lois was willing to do anything for her family, and even though Ginger thought cleaning houses was below her mother, Lois never batted an eye.

7. When Carl didn’t want Jonas to come for Thanksgiving

Ginger definitely forgave Jonas much easier than Carl did, which is evident in how she kept trying to incorporate him into her life. The conflict between Carl, Ginger, and their father made for quite the awkward Thanksgiving dinner and a tough episode.

8. When we found out how miserable Courtney’s home life was

"Sometimes she gets a little caught up in herself and needs to be reminded she has children." - Courtney Gripling (referring to her mother)

9. When Courtney’s father gets arrested and her family loses all of their money

Courtney's dad was a white collar criminal- who knew?

10. When Macie’s parents forget her birthday

And then when they found out, they began to treat her like a toddler instead of a thirteen-year-old, and Macie, who was so starved for attention, didn't even care.

11. When they had to watch the “puberty video” in gym class

I'm pretty sure this was the worst part of middle school for everyone. Macie and Ginger's faces say it all.