11 Things We Learn From 'House'

11 Things We Learn From 'House'

1638
11 Things We Learn From 'House'
Tarring

Netflix has an array of shows to watch, and "House" is just one of the thousands that they have. Since the show ended five years ago, Dr. House is still teaching people how to act, get their way and teaching us why we love him so. Here are 11 reasons we love and learn from Dr. House.

1. Do everything you can to keep your friendship.

If you ever notice when everything is going wrong in House's relationships with people, he always works hard at keeping to a relationship by bugging the mess out of them even after they say to leave them alone. House does everything in his power to keep his relationships with his doctors, Cuddy, Wilson and even Cuddy's boyfriend, Lucus. House tries to keep every relationship he has because he knows he's got nothing else. If you don't take anything out of this, at least, know that you should keep your true friends close and never let them go.

2. Make life more interesting.

Have you ever noticed how House never has a dull moment, both within his own mind and with the people around him. He's always cracking jokes, he's always pranking someone, especially Wilson. He's never had a moment where nothing even remotely comical hasn't happened because he's always had a snarky comeback, comment or prank to pull on someone. I'm not saying prank your co-workers, but I am saying don't let your life be dull. Make it interesting.

3. Be honest.

Whenever House's friends need advice they always go to him because he'll say what's truly on his mind. He also doesn't hold back when it comes to his patients as well, he'll tell them straight up that they're dying, he won't sugar coat it. He doesn't get the "thank you" that Wilson always gets, but he's good at his job because he's honest, brutally so, but honest none the less.

4. Work hard to get what you want.

House. Does. Not. Stop. House works hard to get what he wants out of life. He worked hard to keep his relationship with Wilson, he worked hard to try and break Cuddy and Lucis up, he works hard to keep his patients alive. He works for what he wants and 9 times out of 10, he gets it.

5. Every day is a struggle.

For years, House dealt with his Vicodin addiction before finally asking for help. But until he did he was struggling with his pain/depression on his own, or so he thought. Every day is a struggle whether you have something psychologically wrong with you or your completely normally and you struggle with your job. Struggling happens, it's a part of life, it's just learning how to manage the struggles and work through them.

6. If you believe in something, go with it.

House is crazy, erratic and a really smart man, whenever he has an idea he rolls with it. And that's what makes him good. He's not known for his misdiagnosis' but for all the times he's come up with the right answer when no one else thought of it. If you believe in something that your passionate about or you know will probably be the right answer, run with it. You won't know it's wrong until you're proven otherwise.

7. If you need help, don't be afraid to ask for it.

In my opinion, the most pivotal moment in all the seasons is when House asks Cuddy to help him get off the Vicodin. It takes guts to admit you have a problem but even more when you ask someone else to help you. House showed that it's okay to ask your friends for help. And they don't even have to be your friends, they can be anyone. He got help because he finally knew that he couldn't live that way anymore.

8. Everybody lies.

I've always been a firm believer that everyone lies for a reason. House believes that everyone lies, whether it's for a reason or not. This is semi-true. I can't speak for other people, but I know in my experience people do lie unless something chemically cannot let them lie.

9. It is not okay to talk to your boss the way House does to Cuddy.

I think everyone can agree that the way House talks to Cuddy is not the way you should be talking to your boss. He gives her sexual comments, demeaning comments, talks back to her, makes her life hell and yet somehow he's her friend. If anyone else did this they would be fired.

10. What's wrong with the patient is the most bizarre and the most unlikely thing in the world.

My dad watches this show to keep up with his medical terminology and see if he can diagnose the patient before House does. Well, and from what he's told me, these patients have the most unlikely disease or illness that one could ever think of. We've also noticed a few diagnosis' always come up in the differentials: Toxic Exposure, Amyloidosis, Sarcoidosis and Lymphoma among other things. But, it wouldn't be a good show if everyone came in with a cold.

11. Don't be like House.

House has some qualities that are rather good and heartfelt, but overall he's an ass. He does what he wants, he makes the lives around him a living hell, he enjoys other people's miseries and he's a smart ass. If you want to be like him, I'm not going to stop you, but I don't think your life is going to go exactly like his, you might just end up alone.

The show "House" is an amazing series, I'm not into the medical field but I like watching it because House is a jerk and it's funny. Some, like my dad, watch it to quiz themselves. Others just don't watch it at all. Since the show ended five years ago Dr. House is still teaching people how to act, get their way, and teaching us why we love him so. If you don't take anything else away from this take this, House teaches us some valuable lessons like keep your friends close, be honest, don't be a jerk and don't screw with people's lives.