11 Things You'll Understand If Your Mom Is Your Best Friend

She's the Ying to your Yang; the Meredith to your Cristina.

103
The Epoch Times, Umkehrer/ istock

She loves you, cares for you, feeds you, clothes you, and gives you some of the best advice in the world. So how can she NOT be the person you turn to in your happy and sad moments? Here is a list of 11 things you start to realize when your mom is your best friend:

1. You do everything together.

You have a favorite store that you both LOVE and can spend hours trying on different outfits, only to leave the store empty handed. Instead of catching the latest movie with your friends, you can be found sitting on the couch eating popcorn and binging your latest Netflix series (Riverdale is all the rage right now), and instead of sitting next to girlfriends, it's your mom.

2. You always have a shoulder to cry on.

No matter what, Your mom is there for you. She will drop everything (including her paying job), to be a volunteer therapist to you and your problems. She'll let you cry it out, and will drive around the city till the car is almost on empty listening to you. She is honest and open, and will always give you the advice you NEED (not necessarily want) to hear.

3. She always has your back.

You tell her who, what, when, where, and why, she's already found him/her.

4. You have unlimited advice at your fingertips.

She has 10x the experience you do, and when she gives you her "two cents," should really be her "100 dollars" because she knows what she's talking about. When you tell her she "doesn't understand", she really does. But when you come to her after doing it your own way, you'll eventually realize that once again mom was right.

5. Any kind of drama gets texted to her first.

Honestly, it could be 5 AM and you text her "Hey guess what," and she'll respond before you sent the message. She's invested in your life and loves the drama as much as you do. Sometimes, you'll send her a Twitter/Instagram handle and she'll get the dirt FOR you. She's a modern day Nancy Drew, and she's proud of it.

6. You can share clothes!

THIS.

Don't have anything to wear? Check mom's closet.

7. You can tell her anything.

She won't ever judge you. She gives you the resources to help, and you can always text her "I have a question", and she'll answer with the most detailed and thoughtful response. She is open and honest and will give you advice that you didn't know you needed. You trust her with everything because she will ALWAYS be the most trustworthy friend you have.

8. People often mistake you for sisters.

This is most definitely her favorite. But while out shopping, people ALWAYS THINK YOU'RE SISTERS, and while she slyly smiles at you to correct them, you just nod and keep walking. Because let's be real, your mom looks GREAT.

9. She's your biggest cheerleader.

8 AM soccer game? She's there.

She pushes you to be your best and loves watching you succeed. She will be the loudest fan in the stand, and proudly wears her "soccer mom" t-shirt like the Queen herself made it.

10. She has always been there.

Friends come and go, but your mom? She's been there through it all. She will pick you up after a rough break up and will take the knife out of your back when it gets stabbed. Even after an argument, your mom will come back and apologize (Even though most of the time she's faultless). She's truly been there through thick and thin, and she will continue to be, no matter how hard you try and push her away.

11. Leaving her? Yeah, it's the worst.

Being away from her for more than 24 hours is painful, you'll miss her like crazy and feel like a part of you is gone. You both feel empty, and you are probably texting each other "I miss you" every 30 minutes. Being away from your mom is like being away from home, and it makes you appreciate the things she does for you. Although she'll sometimes annoy you, being away makes you realize how you could not live without your mom, or best friend.