11 Things All Chronically Sarcastic People Can Relate To

It's SO much fun always having to explain that you're not actually being serious.

384
Huffington Post

I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning. It practically runs through my veins... along with all the coffee I drink. Dry humor like sarcasm isn't always easy to recognize, especially depending on what you find funny versus inappropriate. Chronically sarcastic people are often misunderstood because it's so ingrained into them that they slip it into even the most simple and mundane of conversations. Being chronically sarcastic means a lot of explaining yourself so that people don't think you're rude or weird.

1. Sarcasm is like a second language to you.

If only you could put that on your resume.

2. You hardly ever mean what you say 100 percent.

There are just too many opportunities in life to be sarcastic that it would a shame to not take advantage of them.

3. Sarcasm always seems to find its way into all your conversations.

It's a lifestyle. *flips hair*

4. Your sarcasm is so refined and subtle that sometimes you don't even know if you're being sarcastic or not.

I think I'm at a point where I need help.

5. Some of the things you say cross the line between funny and inappropriate, even for you.

Excuse me while I pretend like this never happened.

6. Not everyone understands your sense of humor.

"They must think I'm a psychopath" - inside the mind of a chronically sarcastic person when someone doesn't get that they're joking.

7. Explaining that you're being sarcastic kills the humor in what you said, but you do it anyway because you don't want people thinking you actually mean whatever messed-up thing you said.

Another beautifully-crafted sarcastic comment wasted.

8. You secretly bless the few people who appreciate your sarcasm.

Those are the types of people you cherish.

9. Your friends are so used to you being sarcastic that they don't recognize when you're being serious.

Good one, Debra.

10. You have to remind people that you're capable of saying words that you actually mean.

It's possible, it's just not usually probable.

11. Nobody really knows how to react to the things you say.

There's a 90 percent chance I'm being sarcastic, just fyi.