11 Struggles Of Having A December Birthday

Too many events are going on

42

I was born five days before Christmas, and I love my birthday, but it definitely has its downsides.

1.) Everyone is busy.

People are either out of town, at Christmas parties, or doing other things with friends and family, so they usually aren't around to celebrate my birthday.

2.) Having to wait a whole year for Christmas and my birthday.

Right after Christmas passes, it's depressing to think I'll have to wait another year to celebrate both of these beautiful occasions.

3.) Snow and cold weather.

I would rather have a birthday in the spring, summer, or fall. I don't like having my birthday in the middle of December because it limits things I can do.

4.) People always saying how awful it is.

Every time I tell people my birthday, they always pity me and ask me how much I hate it.

5.) People forget about my birthday.

Not that I'm super selfish and want everyone to remember my birthday. It's just one of those things that can get on your nerves after a while.

6.) Having to tell people what I want for my birthday and Christmas.

I always struggle with giving people ideas for presents, and since my birthday is five days before Christmas, I have to give them ideas for both around the same time.

7.) Having birthday presents wrapped in Christmas paper.

It isn't Christmas yet!!

8.) Having my birthday during Christmas break.

When I was little, my birthday almost always was during Christmas break, and I was super jealous of the kids who got to celebrate their birthdays at school by having their lockers decorated.

9.) Never getting to bring in snacks for the class on my birthday.

In elementary school, I always wanted to bring snacks on my birthday for the class to enjoy, but I rarely ever got the opportunity.

10.) You stop enjoying your birthday after a while.

With people constantly reminding you that you have an awful birthday and not many people to celebrate with, you start to lose love for your birthday.

11.) Having joint parties.

A lot of times my birthday would be celebrated during Christmas parties, and it would put me in the spotlight with a bunch of people singing happy birthday, and it made me nervous.

So, if you have a December birthday like me, I know the pain. We have each other!

All my love,

The December Birthday Baby