11 Songs To Jam Out To In 2016

11 Songs To Jam Out To In 2016

Dance and jam your way into a successful and happy 2016.

1237
11 Songs To Jam Out To In 2016

I have always found music to be a powerful force in how I feel. I always like to start my day off well with some upbeat songs. And there is nothing better than starting your year out with awesome tunes. It's a new year, you need some songs to motivate and pump you up for 2016. Here's a playlist I've put together that will hopefully help you start off 2016.

1. "Keep On Dancin'" By Ellie Goulding

Along with the upbeat and danceable tempo, this song has a good message to it. I love the fact that this song tells us that "I'll be alright." Ellie is just going to "keep on dancin'" whether or not she has a man. This is a good song on this playlist if you are starting out the year single. This song is a good reminder to do your own thing and not worry about others.

2. "Energy" By Hillsong Young & Free

At first you might not even realize that this is a Christian worship band's song. But I think that this song is so great because it's so relatable and encouraging. I picked this song to be on this playlist because it has that danceable factor and it get me excited about Jesus being my Savior. This song definitely gives me "energy" to make it through my year.

3. "A Head Full Of Dreams" By Coldplay

As you have probably caught on by now, most of these songs are going to be upbeat. This song is not an exception. The title track to their latest (and last) album is fantastic. This song is on this playlist because it's very inspirational and motivating. With phrases like "be what you want to be," there's no way this song cannot motivate you in 2016 to go out and accomplish all of your dreams.

4. "Over" By Tove Lo

This a good song to be on the 2016 playlist if you are going through or have gone through a break up recently. This song explains Tove Lo coming to terms with her break up and what a better time to end a bad relationship than the new year. Despite the somewhat sad lyrics and meaning, it still has contagious sing along qualities. This song is a song you just want to belt out of the top of your lungs, drowning out Tove Lo.

5. "Cannonball" By Skylar Grey feat. X Ambassadors

You can't help but love this song from the very first time you hear it. The infectious clapping and bass drum beat just pulls you into the song. I picked this song because it's all about being yourself and not caring what other people say, and loving who you love despite disapproval. You may face opposition in the new year but remember "they can try to sink us, but I'll just swim." It's such a great song to know heading into 2016; it embodies my life motto.

6. "Begin again" By Purity Ring

I'm not actually sure what this song means. I can only figure out that it's talking about finding a significant other, then losing them, and wanting to "begin again" with them. It's not really an upbeat song until near the end. This song is kind of a wild card choice. It intrigues me and I could listen to it on repeat at least 50 times. I am thankful that I discovered this song for 2016. Plus this whole album is great.

7. "New Romantics" By Taylor Swift

Even though this song was released in 2014, it's still not as known as some other songs from Taylor's latest album. This is definitely one of my favorite songs from 1989. "New Romantics" definitely captures the 80s vibe that Taylor was going for. Its appropriate that she includes lyrics such as "we are too busy dancing to get knocked off our feet" because all this song wants to make me do is dance. I picked this song for 2016 because its a good reminder to focus on yourself this year, don't worry about others, and learn about life.

8. "Blood on the Leaves" By Kanye West

While I don't necessarily condone what he's talking about in this song, I absolutely condone losing it and dancing like you never have before when the beat drops at 1:07 in the song. This song is great for when you are getting ready to out and have a great night. For lack of a better term, it's a great pre-gaming song. This song is great for 2016 to pre-game for the best year of your life.

9. "Does Ya Mama Know?" By 99 Percent

This song is all about dancing! You can't help but hear this song once and be hooked. Apparently the choreography is quite a task to learn. But who cares, make up your own dance in 2016 and rock it. There's nothing more to this song than pure dancing.

10. "Five More Hours" By Deorro feat. Chris Brown

You probably have heard this song, its been on the radio before. BUT that does not take away from this party anthem. Need an instant party in 2016? This should be one of your go to songs. If you like the beat but not the words, listen to "Five Hours" by Deorro. It's the same song minus Chris Brown. This song will help you become the ultimate party thrower in 2016.

11. "We Don't Believe What's On TV" By Twenty One Pilots

Twenty One Pilots is a band that recently became popular in late 2015 but have been around for a few years. You have probably heard their song "Stressed Out." But like song number 5, this song has a beat you cannot resist clapping to or wildly flailing about to. The singer just doesn't care about anything except his music and his girl. I chose this song for 2016 to remind us of being simple in 2016 and not caring what other people think.

I hope you like my playlist, and I hope you can dance and jam your way into a successful and happy 2016.