11 Signs You Have the Best Roommates Ever

Just in case you weren't already sure that you guys are #goalsaf

19

Your first year of college can be crazy. It's your first time being away from home––your first time actually fending for yourself. A big part of that first year is your roommates. In a lot of ways, they have the power to make or break your college experience. Thankfully, the movie "The Roommate" isn't all that realistic, and most people don't end up with someone murderous in the bed next to them, but things don't always go smoothly, either. For those of us who get really lucky, however, our roommates make college a million times better. So here are eleven signs that you have the best roommates ever.

1. Your closet has become somewhat of a communal clothing boutique.

And everyone's okay with it. You guys even help each other plan outfits at night, incorporating pieces from everyone's closet to make it work.

2. If you have a suite, everyone is always in the same room together.

And it's never awkward––you all just kind of end up together because it's way more fun to yell unintelligibly out of studying-induced frustration if there's someone who's equally as annoyed to yell along with you.

3. You have late night dance parties.

Bonus points if these dance parties involve singing. It's a sign of true friendship––your roommates are not only down to dance and sing like fools, but they also don't mind (or at least don't comment on) your horrible dancing and singing. Extra bonus points if you have a squad theme song, and even more bonus points if one of you is down to belt out "Alive" by Sia at 3 a.m.

4. You're all down to hit the early bird special at the dining hall.

When one of you has a night class, you're all ready to roll into dinner at 4:45 to make sure no one goes hungry. Plus, you were probably all hungry at 4:45 anyway.

5. You're not afraid to tell each other if someone's being annoying.

And your friendship is stronger for it. You don't let yourself stew over that little thing that's kind of pissing you off, you just get it out in the open so that a month from now, you don't blow up over it.

6. You know each other's signs.

You even read their horoscopes when you're checking yours, just to make sure nothing too crazy is coming their way that week.

7. You visit each other at work.

Part of it is to get a free coffee, but the bigger part is to make the last couple hours of their long, boring shift a little more bearable.

8. You offer to buy each other things when you go to the grocery store or CVS.

Because you know remembered that someone needed a new toothbrush, or that someone's definitely going to want some Oreo Thins to get through studying for midterms. You ask because you want to make everyone's day better, and a little shopping trip is the opportunity to do it.

9. You binge watch the same shows.

None of you is ashamed of your cult-like addiction to "Stranger Things", just like you're not embarrassed that your roommates got you so hooked on ShondaLand that you binged all twelve seasons of "Grey's Anatomy" in a semester.

10. You all have the same sense of humor.

From that meme of a rat holding a cigarette to all your weird inside jokes, your senses of humor are pretty much on the exact same page. And some of the stuff you think is funny is probably seriously weird.

11. Your dorm is like home, and your roommates are like family.

At first, it was kind of crazy to be away from home, but then you realized that you've got two homes now––and that's partly because of how amazing your roommates are. They've become like an extension of your family, and for that, you are eternally grateful.