11 Scenarios People With Anxiety Know All Too Well

The moments throughout the day that make your anxiety 100x worse.

3229
smosh

Okay guys I am going to be honest with you – I have anxiety. I think anxiety is a common problem for a lot of teenagers and young adults these days, but I’ve definitely had my fair share of living my life as a Nervous Nancy. It used to be worse, and even now sometimes I still can’t quite control it as well as I know I can. Over the last four years, I’ve received a lot of help to effectively cope with my anxiety, but sometimes life gets in the way of trying to stay calm.

As a college student, commuter, part-time employee, double-major, and intern, on top of all of my relationship responsibilities (sister, daughter, girlfriend, etc.), I often find myself in situations throughout my day that trigger some anxiety. There are just so many ways the day can play out to cause a stressful overload. Here are 11 different scenarios in which people who suffer from anxiety know all too well!

1. That disappointing moment when you receive an A- instead of an A on a paper after spending hours editing it to perfection, and your professor comments you should “expand more” on page 8 paragraph 3 section A subsection E.

2. When you’re home alone, you hear a noise that is probably completely ordinary, but tonight it sounds like someone has been staking your house out for months and has finally decided to attack.

3. Trying to get your life together and keep your emotions in check takes a lot of effort, so a lot of the time you feel every emotion at once.

4. When you actually enjoy eating alone at lunch, or at any meal of the day, for that matter.

5. The moment you realize you have a quiz/exam today and you forgot to study *cue panic*. You probably forgot because you were panicking about other things the night before.

6. When people tell you to relax or to not worry so much... I literally have had this told to me my entire life. LOL.

7. You finally make plans to go out and do something, but when the day comes, you’d rather stay home than go anywhere outside.

8. For that reason, most of your Friday/Saturday nights end up like this.

9. When your significant other doesn’t text you back within five minutes, you automatically assume the worst is about to happen.

10. Carrying every personal care item with you so you’re prepared for any situation, but then not being able to find the one thing you actually need.

11. When people in your vicinity chew loudly with their mouths open, and the sound of their chewing is horrible enough to make you twitch with anxiety. GOOD GOD, JUST MAKE IT STOP.