11 Scary Situations Most College Students Have Found Themselves In

Being a College Student is Scary Enough

77

Let's face it, being a college student is scary enough with having to decide your future in a matter of four years, but I've come up with a list of scary situations we, as college students have all found ourselves in.

1. Getting the overdraft notification

Even if you have a job, it sure doesn't pay a lot, so chances are you're always going to be broke. No money means no food and no food means starvation which is scarier than any horror movie. I would say that most college students have found themselves in a situation where they have checked their account balance and proceeded to cry into a box of crackers.

2. Having homework due at 11:59 pm when you're nowhere near a computer.

I don't know about you but realizing your have homework due at the last minute is scary. It's 11:30 pm and you're hanging out with your friends, when your brain finally decides to remind you about that 20 question Calculus homework that counts for about 15% of your grade.

3. When your favorite food place isn't open

You stay up all night studying and you get hungry. Because you're broke there isn't any food in your cabinets and you finally scrounge enough money to buy those cheap dumplings from your favorite spot only to find out they decided to close early. It's 3 am, you are starving and everything around you is closed. You start to cry and wonder what you did to deserve this. Imagine scary background music and a dark figure lurking in the background.

4. When you run out of coffee

College students need coffee in order to survive. Without coffee we're zombies running around muttering something about a final paper. Not having coffee is so scary, because when you don't have coffee you become a scary monster that no one wants to be around.

5. Making your own appointments.

No one knows the exact date or time, but there comes a time when your mom looks at you says, "You need to make your own appointment." So you avoid going to the doctor and you hope you don't die, because it's better than human interaction.

6. Paying Student Loans

Depending on your financial situation, you probably had to take out loans one way or another. The scary part isn't taking out the loans, but the interest rates. You'll be paying the price for your education for the rest of your life. *screams*

7. Finals Week

You procrastinating studying so now you have to re learn months of material in a matter of 2 weeks. Need I say more?

8. Train Delays

If you commute to school chances are you check the status of your transportation at least three time before leaving your house because you never know your ride is having delays. But the day you're running late just so happens to be the day your train is having hour delays on the day you're taking a really important exam.

9. When You Can't Go Home

Even though most of us complain about our life back home, we still miss it sometimes. The scariest part is when we're unable to go home for the holidays because we can't afford that train or bus ticket back home, so you're by yourself in your dorm imagining your mom's delicious potato salad.

10. Reaching Adulthood

One of the scariest situations is being forced to act like an adult. It's scary how not to long ago you relied on your parents for advice but now the only thing they can tell you is: "You're an adult now, you need to make your own decisions." Adulthood is scary because you are constantly searching for the answer in a dark room, which is only dark because you haven't paid the electric bill.

11. Looking at your GPA

Last, but not least the scariest situation any college student has come across has to be checking their GPA at the end of the semester. Your heart beats fast because you're not sure if your GPA is going to accurately reflect those sleepless nights and coffee binges. Even if your GPA ends up looking good in the end, the suspense leading up to the finale can be quite scary.