11 Reasons Why You're Grateful For Your Dad

Thank you to the best man I know.

302
Nicole Cantore

Dad. One person who has such a huge impact on your life and who you are. Dad’s are your first “price charming”, the ones who let you dance on their toes, pick you up when you cry, make you laugh, and always put a smile on your face. Here is why I am forever grateful for all the dads, here and gone.

He makes you laugh till you cry.

My dad is one of the funniest people I’ve ever met. He always strives to put a smile on my face with his jokes and stories. And he never fails to do so.

He tells the corny dad jokes.

Dads and so-called dad jokes are as synonymous as peanut butter and jelly. They go hand-in-hand. But these jokes make you love your dad even more because he ultimate goal is to put a smile on your face and these always do that.

He embarrasses you at times.

Don’t even lie. Your dad embarrassing you at least once is basically a right of passage. But the beauty of this is it makes you laugh and love him even more because his goal is to do just that, make you happy.

He struggles for you and your family.

My dad is the hardest working man I know. He sacrifices daily to make us happy and never once complains. His determination is unlike any other and I love him for that.

He has his own sayings that actually turn out to be true.

Much like the dad jokes, most dads have these little sayings that he tells you quite often. When you’re younger you shrug them off, but as you get older you realize that they’re actually pretty useful and true. Slowly you even begin to say them yourself and know you’re definitely using them when you have your own kids.

He warns you about boys.

We’ve all heard it, the constant warnings about boys and what they want. But your dad only says it because he loves you and “was young once”. Let him warn all he likes.

He is your own personal handy-man … sometimes.

All dads have it instilled in their minds that they are automatically a handyman. However, not all dads posses this unique trait. So if your dad is “Mr. Fix It” be grateful and consider yourself lucky!

He picks you up when you cry.

Whether it’s falling down and cutting your knee when you’re little or your first big breakup, your dad always is there to pick you up and wipe your tears.

He gives you advice, solicited or not.

You can always count on your dad to be there when you need advice. Sometimes you ask for it and sometimes you don’t, but always be grateful and appreciative that he cares enough to give you his “top-notch” advice that only a dad can give.

He's your biggest cheerleader.

Every soccer game, school show, dance recital, he was always there cheering the loudest for you. You can always count on him to boost you up! Just seeing his smiling face and how proud he was made it all worth it.

He loves you unconditionally.

No matter what fights, tantrums or attitudes you have (especially during those teenage years), you dad is always there and loves you without fail. It doesn’t matter how many time you mess up, how many bad turns you make take. You first prince charming will be there and love you.

Thank you, dad, for all that you have done for me. From the sacrifices you’ve made, to the laughter you’ve brought, to the memories we’ve shared. I am forever grateful to have you as a dad.

Love you always.