11 Reasons Why Orangetheory Fitness Works

Achieve your 2016 fitness goals.

4909
http://www.boltpr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/otf4.png

Christmas is over and all of the cookies have been eaten. Your favorite pair of jeans no longer button and regret over holiday indulgences begins to set in. New Years is a few days away, and the annual “It’s time to lose weight” and “I’m going to get fit” resolutions kick into high gear. We approach these goals with great ambition, but life, school and work tends to interfere with desired results within a few short weeks. This doesn’t have to be the case in 2016!

Orangetheory Fitness, an interval workout studio, is making waves in the health world. This revolutionary workout technique can help us all accomplish our resolutions this year! Orangetheory Fitness studios facilitate 60 minutes classes that incorporate cardio and weightlifting exercises that push individuals to reach their goals regardless of age or prior fitness experience. Here is why Orangetheory Fitness works and how it will help you burn off those sugar cookies. Your heart monitor doesn’t lie! Orangetheory Fitness is unique because participants are required to wear heart monitors for the entirety of the workout. The results from the monitors are displayed to help individuals gauge energy expenditure and help push through the workout.

1. Introducing “EPOC”: Orangetheory fitness’ philosophy is for participants to train in the “orange zone,” 84% or higher of one’s maximum heart rate, for 12 to 20 minutes of the 60 minute workout. When this is done, participants achieve Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption (EPOC) creating an after burn affect that can last for up to 36 hours.

2. Base, Push, All Out: The structure of Orangetheory Fitness’ workout changes pace from start to finish. The trainers instruct participants to begin at their “base pace” increase into “push pace” and finish at an “all out” pace. This transition helps burn fat and achieve EPOC.

3. The workout is different every time: At the corporate level, Orangetheory Fitness produces unique workouts on a daily basis. Customers are never bored with their training, and are excited to return for a new workout every time they visit a studio.

4. Small studios: The small studios provide an intimate environment. The sessions provide a personal training like experience without the intimidation and cost factors.

5. Calorie Burn: On average, participants burn 500-1000 calories per session.

6. Great music! The playlists are upbeat and dance worthy!

7. There are locations all over the country: There are currently 62 Orangetheory Fitness locations in the United States. Orangetheory hopes to have 150 locations by the end of 2016.

8. The instructors are experienced and inspiring: The qualified trainers encourage proper form during weightlifting exercises and provide motivation during difficult treadmill intervals. Each trainer brings their own flare to the training room.

9. Weight loss challenges: If weight loss is the participants’ main goal, Orangetheory Fitness provides monthly weight loss challenges to help participants reach their goals. Cash prizes are an added bonus!

10. Community Environment: The atmosphere is positive and encouraging from both the trainers and fellow class takers. Suffering and sweating through the 60 minute session bonds the group together.

11. Challenging and Addicting: The unique workouts keep participants wanting more! It's almost impossible to only take one Orangetheory Fitness class.