11 Reasons Why Having A Big Sister Is The Best

Your late-night, go-to, built-in best friend.

10
Eliza Farrell

Even though we drive each other crazy and disagree half the time, my big sister is my life's greatest blessing. She has been my best friend, and sometimes my only friend, for as long as I can remember. From sleeping in bunk-beds to living in different countries, she has always been there for me. There are so many reasons why having an older sister is the best, but here's 110.

1. She supports you, always.

She doesn't have to agree with your decisions, but you know she'll always be rooting for you.

2. She puts things into perspective.

When you're stressed because you tried to take on too many things, she'll be the first to tell you to take it slow.

3. She gives the best advice.

She's older than you, so pretty much everything you're going through, she's already done.

4. She's the perfect rainy-day buddy.

Who better to build forts like a kid with than someone who helped you build them when you were seven?

5. She gives the best gifts.

Because she's known you the longest, she knows what you want (and what mom is already getting you).

6. You can talk to her about anything.

Your older sister is more like your friend. It's almost her job to listen to your problems.

7. She'll drop anything to help you.

Whether you're hurt, sick or just out of money, she'll do whatever she can to be there.

8. She checks up on you.

Your mom calls every Sunday, but your sister calls you everyday.

9. She makes you want to be a better person.

You've seen what she's gone through and how hard she has worked, so you naturally want to be just like her.

10. She makes everything seem more fun.

Those 10 hour drives to go see family never seem boring when you're french-braiding your sister's hair in the back seat.

11. She'll always be there.

Not only because she has to be, but she loves you unconditionally, so you know she'll never be too far.