11 Quotes That Show Why Everything Starts With You

5148
Tumblr

I am a firm believer that each person has the power within themselves to make their life whatever they want. I believe that what everyone is looking for is inside of themselves, if they choose to embrace it. As a quote lover, I assembled this group to show you that your quality of life is up to you.

1. “Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, make a different choice,” said Anonymous.

2. ”Too many people are trying to find the right person instead of being the right person,” said Anonymous

3. “Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to,” said Alan Keightley from "Into Every Life a Little Zen Must Fall."

4. "Quit being so hard on yourself. We are what we are; we love what we love. We don’t need to justify it to anyone… not even to ourselves,” said Scott Lynch in "The Republic of Thieves."

5. "An amazing thing happens when you get honest with yourself and start doing what you love, what makes you happy. Your life literally slows down. You stop wishing for the weekend. You stop merely looking forward to special events. You being to live each moment and you start feeling like a human being. You just ride the wave that is life, with this feeling of contentment and joy. You move fluidly, steadily, calm, and grateful. A veil is lifted, and a whole new perspective is born,” said Anonymous.

6. “The s**t that makes your heart beat faster and your eyes glow when you do it or talk about it, no matter if it's hiking, yoga, gardening, painting, sex, meditation, photography, going for walks, helping others--do that. Do it as often as you can. Because that's what life is about. Creating as many passionate, happy moments as possible. Don’t let anyone stop you from doing the things you love -- not even yourself,” said Anonymous.

7. "How many people do you have to fall in love with until you finally understand that only person you owe yourself to … is you,” said R.M. Drake.

8. ”Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. Think only of the best, work only for the best and expect only the best. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others. Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side as long as you are true to the best that is in you!” said Christian D. Larson.

9. “You don’t need anyone’s affection or approval in order to be good enough. When someone rejects or abandons or judges you. It’s about them and their own insecurities, limitations, and needs, and you don’t have to internalize that. Your worth isn’t contingent upon other people’s acceptance of you -- it’s something inherent. You exist, and therefore, you matter. You’re allowed to voice your thoughts and feelings. You’re allowed to assert your needs and take up space. You’re allowed to hold onto the truth that who you are is exactly enough. And you’re allowed to remove anyone from your life who makes you feel otherwise,” said Daniel Koepke.

10. “When I accept myself, I am freed from the burden of needing you to accept me,” said Dr. Steve Maraboil.

11. “Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have,” said Anonymous.