11 Plants That Will Purify The Air In Your Home This Spring

Make a change and cleanse the air you breathe!

81
Jillian Caillouette

Spring is a time of detoxification and cleansing the body and our environment. Want to reduce the toxic chemicals and pollutants in your home this spring? Start by using all natural cleaning products, an air purifier and adding plants to your living space! Plants also reduce stress and anxiety! Here are 12 of my favorite low maintenance, gorgeous house plants that will lift your mood and give you cleaner, fresher air to breathe.

*All of these plants are for the most part easy to manage and can be found on NASA's clean air study, which I recommend checking out when you get the chance.

1. Peace Lily

Facts:

Cleanses the air of the three most prominent pollutants found in homes.

It's on the top of NASA's clean air study!

Caring Instructions:

Likes bright indirect sunlight.

Water only once a week.

2. English Ivy

Facts:

One of the best on NASA's list!

Caring Instructions:

Doesn't need much sunlight.

Water with room temperature water when the soil is dry.

3. Snake Plant

Facts:

Cleanses the air of formaldehyde found in toilet paper and cleaning products.

Perfect house plant.

Caring Instructions:

Likes drier conditions and some sunshine.

4. Aloe

Facts:

Cleanses the air of harmful pollutants (benzene and formaldehyde.)

Wonderful for cuts and burns.

Care:

Needs a lot of sunshine!!!

5. Rubber Tree

Facts:

Super low maintenance.

Gorgeous plant.

Care:

Likes indirect sunlight.

6. Spider Plant

Facts:

Cleanses the air of poisonous gases.

Look beautiful in hanging baskets.

Will thrive in almost any condition.

Care:

Likes a little bit of sunshine.

7. Succulents

Facts:

So many different kinds! I'M OBSESSED.

Care:

Water only once a week or when the soil is starting to look dry.

8. Golden Pathos

Facts:

Cleanses the air of carbon monoxide and benzene.

Care:

Likes a variety of light conditions but not direct sunlight.

9. Chrysanthemum

Facts:

Removes harmful pollutants such as ammonia and xylene.

Care:

Likes bright indirect sunlight.

10. Bamboo Plant

Facts:

Adds moisture to a dry environment.

Removes the air of toxins such as formaldehyde, benzene and chloroform.

Care:

Likes bright indirect sunlight.

11. Colorful Desert Gem Cacti

Facts:

Will brighten up your space!

Care:

Water every 10 to 14 days.

Loves the sunshine.

I hope this article inspires you to add some of these lovely plants to your space!