11 Line Dances You Can't Forget About

11 Line Dances You Can't Forget About

FREEEEZE.. EVERYBODY CLAP YOUR HANDS!

2775
11 Line Dances You Can't Forget About
google

We all know those songs that get played at every party, and everyone just has to get up and dance to it. Whether you like to dance or not, we all tend to freak out when at least one of those popular line dance songs come on that you know there is a dance to. Here are some line dances that never get old, are always played at big events, and make the most memories:

1. Electric Slide

The oldest line dance on this list, from 1976, the electric slide has been danced by millions. It is targeted more towards the older generation, but any age can have fun doing it. It contains movements such as the “shimmie," “step together step” and alternating to every angle around you.

2. Chicken Dance

If you want a laugh, have your grandfather do the chicken dance. It is the funniest line dance anyone can do. It was created in 1992, and contains movements such as hand motions relating to a chicken talking, and a lot of twists. It was composed by Werner Thomas.

3. Cha Cha Slide

Another crowd favorite, the Cha Cha Slide has been around since 2000, and has been as a remix, or different version, of the electric slide. It is performed by DJ Casper, a DJ that does his job well by telling us exactly what to do on the dance floor. (Now everybody clap your hands!)

4. Cotton-Eyed Joe

The Cotton-Eyed Joe never gets old. It has been around since 2002, and is very well known. It contains motions that require a lot of jumping on one foot (which sometimes causes foot cramps!) and some turning to the left. You will most likely burn calories from not only dancing, but laughing as well, because it is always a fun dance to perform. If you’re at a school dance, you have most likely done the motions at prom, a school dance, a wedding, or even a graduation party!

5. Crank That (Soulja Boy)

In 2007, many of us learned the famous dance “Crank That (Soulja Boy).” We know the “superman,” and how to really “crank that” with our fast wrist movements and jumping left and right. Soulja Boy is well known for this.

6. Cupid Shuffle

Also in 2007, the Cupid Shuffle was born. You’ve heard of it, I guarantee it. There’s a lot of movements to the right, to the left, kicking, and twisting. It isn’t a love song, but it is performed by Cupid himself.

7. Wobble

Released in 2008, the Wobble is a crowd favorite at any school dance, wedding, or gathering. Mainly for a young adult crowd, this line dance contains a movement of hips, arm pushing, and quick steps. It is sung by VIC.

8. Hoe-Down Throw-Down

In 2009, Hannah Montana came out with her original movie “The Hannah Montana Movie” and created a hit line dance called the “Hoe-Down Throw-Down.” You can “pop it, lock it, polkadot it, country-fy it, and hip hot-it." The motions are fun for everyone. After all, the song itself says “If you’re five or eighty-two, this is something you can do!”.

9. The Wop

The Wop is also geared for and young adult crowd, mainly since some of the movements aren’t the most appropriate for younger dancers. It contains hip thrust motions, and a type of motion to “make it rain.” It was released in 2010 and is performed by J Dash.

10. Teach Me How to Dougie

In 2011, California Swag District definitely lived up to the title of the song by “teaching us how to Dougie”. The Dougie is putting your palms out front, and leaning side to side. You can even add the “cat daddy,” which is a dance movement that looks like you are wheeling a wheelchair. Your legs do a lot of movement as well!

11. Watch Me Whip (and Nae and Nae)

The newest line dance that everyone is talking about. Performed by Silento, this 2015 hit has been danced by celebrities, and regular people all over the world. There are even mini dances within the song, such as the “bop,” “stanky leg,” and the “duff”.

So the next time you hear any of these classic dances, don't be afraid to get out on the dance floor and bust a move!