11 Most Important Things To Look For When Finding Someone To Date

It's not always sunshine and roses, but if they care about you even when they're angry with you, that's when you know it's right.

750

1. Do they talk to you like a person or like an object?

If the answer to this is "person", continue getting to know them and getting close to them--If your answer was "object" *buzzer noise* that's a no-go. Don't put yourself into an abusive relationship just because someone is cute and said something nice to you...once.

2. Do you think they're cute?

Looks might not be everything, but they are part of it. Looks are important. You should like the person you want to date. You should like the way their hair does that cute little thing when they wake up, or the way their eyes crinkle when they smile, or just everything. You should like how they look and if you start out liking personality first, then you will come to love how they look. They are unique.

3. Do they send you silly things?

This is important. Silly things. Memes, funny pictures, snapchats, etc. anything that could have you rolling on the floor laughing so hard that you cannot breath--these are good things to be sending and receiving. They will eventually need to understand your weird humor, why not start now?

4. Are they willing to discuss hard things with you?

Hard things like mental illnesses, things you struggle with, problems you deal with at work or school, things that should be discussed in a relationship anyway. You should not be afraid to tell them when something is bothering you or let them into your heart. Let them in.

5. Are they honest?

Do they tell you the truth? This is key. I once had a relationship built on lies and it crushed me. Do not let the same thing happen to you. Work together, be honest and truthful about everything. Know who you are. Let them know too, they're interested, I promise.

6. Similar interests?

Do you like a lot of the same things? That's probably a really good thing. Especially if it's a movie that you are both obsessed with or a video game or art or an author's writing, you should have some things in common.

7. But not too similar, right?

There should also be differences. If you're completely the same in your likes, then it probably won't work out. You will probably end up arguing a lot. You should have points where you compromise for the other--guaranteed it will bring you closer together and make you stronger as a couple.

8. Do you have the same beliefs?

Do you believe the same things? Could be Church, or how to live, or what to do, etc. Any type of belief. If your beliefs are not on the same track, there is a high chance that there won't be a Chapter 2 for you guys.

9. Is there a healthy amount of flirting mixed in with normal conversation?

Do you flirt a lot? And I mean a lot? Let's see, 5 months into it, are y'all still flirting with each other? You should be flirting for the entirety of your relationship. Keep them interested, but they will normally already be interested so that shouldn't be too hard.

10. Do you like them?

Do you like them? Are they a good person? Do you like how the treat others? Are they the type of person you could see yourself with in 50 years when you're old and gray and wrinkled? If so, then chances are they are the person for you. Or a potential one, for that matter.

11. Do they still care about you even when they're angry with you?

There will be times that you argue, there will be times that you don't want to even see the other person, but that's another part of the relationship. It's not always sunshine and roses, but if they care about you even when they're angry with you, that's when you know it's right.