11 Fairfield County Restaurants That Will Leave You More Than Pleased

If you have never tried these you will thank me, and if you have had these, you know I'm right.

78
tripadvisor

Truth is, I love to eat. Truthfully, I can pretty much eat anything. The best part about not being a picky eater is all the great restaurants and cuisines I get to try. I am fortunate enough to have amazing restaurants all around my area. With so many options my stomach never gets bored with all the options I give it. I have decided to make a list of some of the best restaurants in the Fairfield County area, so if you are from there, go check them out. Or if you are thinking about visiting, give these places a try.

Valencia Luncheria- Norwalk

Valencia is a Venezuelan restaurant that serves some of the best empanadas and arepas I have ever had. (I recommend the Jenny arepa, not just because it’s my name.) The restaurant has a relaxed environment with indoor our outdoor seating. Valencia has won multiple awards and many positive reviews. It was even on the Food Networks show Diners, Drive-in's, and dives, and Guy Fieri was a huge fan.

Rizzuto’s Oyster Bar & Restaurant- Westport

I had the opportunity to eat here with my family and it was a wonderful experience. Even if you don’t like seafood, there are so many other options that will make your mouth water. The service was perfect, which made the meal ten times better. The restaurant also has a large bar and a beautiful dining room. It also has a large patio overlooks Saugatuck neighborhood. The restaurant has also one awards like “Best Happy Hour” and “Best Family Restaurant”. You won’t be disappointed with this place.

Super Duper Weenie- Fairfield

I’m going to be honest, I have never been to the restaurant itself but they do have a food truck that can come to events! So even if you can’t get to them, they will come to you. The name is true, they do have super duper weenies, but they also have other options if you aren’t a super duper weenie fan. They have burger, specialties sandwiches, and fries. The restaurant has been featured in the New York Times, Connecticut Magazine, and was also on Diner Drive-in’s and Dives.

Bobby Q’s- Westport

This Barbecue restaurant is one of the best. You can find this place in downtown Westport and it is kind of hidden but once you find it you will be happy you walked in. If you like BBQ, you will not be disappointed. There is rips, chicken, and pulled pork all complimented with their smokey barbecue sauce. Don’t even get me started on the sides! The mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and the apple sauce are to die for. The portions are well worth your money and you will probably bring home your leftovers, which isn’t bad because you get to enjoy the delicious food for a second day! The atmosphere is very laid back with all the tables covered with paper to avoid the mess, but personally the best part is the give you crayons to color the table. I don’t order from the kids menu, but I might be 5.

Ten Twenty Post- Darien

This restaurant is a casual and contemporary oyster bar that serves New England comfort food. I had lobster mac & cheese and let me tell you I thought I had died and went to heaven. But whatever you order here you won’t be disappointed. The restaurant is part of the Pearl Restaurant group which includes The Tap House, The Rye Grill & Bar, and Morgan’s Fish House, to just a name a few. It is an awesome venue to host a party, with a beautiful seating area and an awesome bar.

Chip’s Family Restaurant-Orange

Chips has expanded to five locations. So there is no excuse to not get here! The restaurant is famous for their breakfast but you can go anytime of the day to enjoy their food! Their pancake options are endless, they have your classic buttermilk, birthday pancakes, s’mores, and The Choc-a-holic pancakes which is pancakeswith chocolate chips, drizzled with chocolate sauce dusted with powdered sugar and whipped cream, you might become a diabetic but hey, at least you will be satisfied. They also have other non-breakfast food if you aren’t in the mood for the ultimate breakfast. This place is really family friendly so everyone in your family will be satisfied by the end of your visit.

Bodega Taco Bar- Darien

Bodega has also has a location in Fairfield but I have only been to the Darien location. One word to describe this restaurant is heaven.Everything they do they do from scratch including soups, sauces, and salsa. They use about 50 types of peppers including habanero, jalapeno, chile de arbol, poblano, Serrano and passilla. So if you like spice and flavor, this is your place. Now don’t get me started on the tequila bar, they have more than 80 tequilas, so get ready for a wild night. I recommend this one for a date night, girls night out, I just went with my aunt and had a great time.

The Boatyard at Smokey Joe’s-Stamford

My family and I used to go here all the time when it was called just Smokey Joe’s and it never disappointed. Known for their BBQ menu they have added seafood options when they became The Boatyard. The bar is upstairs but if you go downstairs you get the food! Their meats and fresh ingredients are cooked in their own unique and traditional way, low and slow. The briskets, ribs, and parks and smoked for hours to reach perfection. They also have live entertainment to make the atmosphere a great one.

Valentino’s Cucina Italiana-Norwalk

If you want good Italian food, this is your place. Valentinos specializes in making homemade pastas, along with various authentic Italian dishes with veal, chicken, beef and seafood. They also specialize in wood-fired pizza, salads, and wood-fired Italian ribs and wings. Can you say yum? It’s a small place so get there early or make a reservation because you don’t want to miss out on this mouth watering place.

Sunset Grille-Norwalk

This restaurant is owned by the same guy who own Valentino’s so you know this one won’t disappoint. It is a seasonal restaurant, so sadly you can only experience this restaurant during spring and summer. There is indoor seating, but if you really want the full experience you must eat outside. You get to enjoy your food while overlooking the scenic Norwalk Harbor. The restaurant has been named “Best Seafood Restaurant” and “Best outdoor Restaurant in Fairfield County.” Now do you believe me when I say you have to sit outside?The atmosphere is matched with its yummy seafood options. Ugh to die for!

Terrain Garden Café -Westport

Terrain also has a location in Pennsylvania, but the Westport one is where you need to go. As weird as it sounds it is actually a store where you can buy gardening products and outdoor living supplies. But if you ask to go eat at café, you will be amazed. First off it is so beautiful just walking in, its almost like walking in to a giant garden and the food resembles that so much. All the food is made of fresh meat and dairy products. The brunch menu changes every month, so when you go back it will be a different, buy awesome, experience.

There are so many other amazing options to eat for whatever type of food you a craving. These are just a couple of my favorites that have always made me leave a happy girl.