11 Insane Things Only Girls Understand

11 Insane Things Only Girls Understand

Grumpy Cat doesn't appreciate having the color pink shoved down her face all the time.

6694
11 Insane Things Only Girls Understand
leoniecumiskey.com

1. Shaving your legs.

Let's face it. Shaving your legs is the most unnecessary beauty chore that women do. You accidentally cut yourself, you miss patches, you have to contort your body in horrific ways to reach areas when in tiny showers, it's a pain in the boobs. The only reason we shave is because some companies wanted to make money by selling shaving products to women, so they claimed that body hair is "objectionable" and that hairlessness is "trendy." But although most of us are completely aware of the BS reasons why we shave, and we hate shaving, WE STILL DO IT FOR SOME REASON.

2. Sitting "ladylike."

The lovely sharovipteryx pictured above completely understands me. I don't feel the need to cross my legs and keep my knees together at all times. What makes sitting with your knees together so much more "respectable" than when they're apart? Is a toxic cloud of pure sin going to emanate from my thighs and ruin the atmosphere?

3. Men's general lack of knowledge about periods.

Dumb things I have heard men say about periods:

One compared having a period to "failing to hold in your pee." HE COMPARED BLOOD COMING OUT OF US TO PISSING YOURSELF.

"So uh, does it feel good putting a tampon in?" Yes, of course I get aroused by shoving a wad of cotton in me.

This story about a politician who thought women could control their periods.

4. Everything is pink.

Why is everything that's made for girls pink? Most women don't even like pink! The whole "girls like pink and boys like blue" is a cultural myth that is really indoctrinated in us. It's complete BS that companies will make products "for girls" and make them all pink and frilly. As this angel of a little girl put it, "some girls like superheroes, some girls like princesses, some boys like superheroes, some boys like princesses, so then why do all the girls have to buy pink stuff?" Amen, child. My Justice League action figure collecting childhood self applauds you.

5. Boobs.

You're expected to have big, perky boobs. If you're flat chested, you have to deal with annoying society telling you that big boobs are better and stores trying to sell you bras with an irrational amount of padding in them. If you do have large breasts, you have to face a slew of other issues, from dropping food on them (or in them) to back problems. And when you get older and your boobs naturally start to sag, people make fun of you for it! There's no winning.

6. Stretch marks.

OP summed it up perfectly.

7. People on the Internet assume you are a man.

Unless you have some super-feminine profile picture and username, no one is going to guess you're a girl. The default is always he, unless proven differently. I'm so tired of playing Minecraft and having people refer to me as he/him. Then it's a big surprise when they find out there is a girl in their midst. More girls play video games than you think, people!

8. "Fat hairy feminists."

Basically all perceptions about feminists and feminism are complete BS. "They're bitchy!" No. "They're ugly!" No. "They hate men!" Do you even know what feminism is?

9. MENSTRUATION.

Okay, trans women don't have to deal with this, but this might be the most awful thing that women have to deal with on a monthly basis. The fact that I get cramps and have to be careful about swimming for seven days straight when I'm not even sexually active or wanting children makes me angrier than the wage gap. And no, that's not my horomones making me angry. Shut up.

10. People assume you want kids.

NO. NO NO NO NO NO. I don't want a child. Don't tell me I do. And don't tell me "You'll change your mind." You wanna bet, Sharon? A cat will do just fine.

11. You're supposed to be the short one in the relationship.

If you're straight and taller than your boyfriend, it's considered weird. People make fun of your boyfriend and look at you funny. What's so wrong with it? You can't expect all boys to be super tall and all girls to be short. I like being a taller girl. It shouldn't limit my options! And I don't even want to know the struggles of being in a lesbian relationship. Do people think your height differences are weird? Do they assume the taller one is the "guy" in the relationship? God bless you.