11 Best Places To Study At UW-Madison

11 Best Places To Study At UW-Madison

But only the secretive places I bet you've never thought to study at!

5063
11 Best Places To Study At UW-Madison
blogspot

A definitive ranking of every place you've never thought to study on campus. You're welcome.

11. The Student Activity Center (SAC)

The third and fourth floor of 333 East Campus Mall is a great place to study! Future freshman, it's right across from Sellery and Witte! And if you to start to lose your mind studying there's University Health Services a few floors away!

10. Grainger Hall

You know that scholarly, old, professional library you always thought a college library should look like? Well this is Wisconsin's 'ivy league' gem, equipped with those cool green lamps and all. Only downfall: it closes early.

8. Memorial Library: The Cages

Memorial Lib isn't everybody's favorite place but you're absolutely guaranteed to get stuff done when you lock yourself into a steel cage with only an outlet and light as your company! Only advice: remember that there's sunlight somewhere.

7. Humanities: Music Hall

There's both a study den and hallways filled with benches to satisfy all your studying needs! Plus, there's live band and orchestra music to keep you going! Just don't get lost. And if you do, send for help.

6. Educational Sciences Building

Some of the best places to study on campus aren't libraries at all, just as it is with Education Hall! There's quiet rooms as far as the eye can see! The higher the floor you go, the less likely you are to come down!

5. The Chazen Museum of Art

If you're lucky enough to find a table and are able to get work done before it closes (9 p.m. on Thursdays and 5 p.m. every other day), the Chazen is a seriously cool place to study. Surrounded by art and statues that stare at you! What could be better?

4. Upper House

Recently remodeled- It's one of the comfiest and most relaxing place to study. As long as you're respectful to the organizations that use the space, you're welcome there! I couldn't find any pictures because that's how well kept a secret it is!

3. Sellery Basement

Low-key may be returning to the dorm basements to study from time to time despite not being a freshman. They're comfortable, quiet, not too busy, full of outlets, and even have cubicles when you need to focus. Wear a lanyard and you'll fit right in!

2. School of Human Ecology (SoHE

Though a little further than some of the other places I've listed, the walk is well worth it. It's quiet and beautiful. How often is your study spot affective and instagrammable?! Not often, I tell you. Not that often.

1. Second Floor Memorial Union

Wait you can study there?! Yup! There's a secret room that only the brave are able to stumble upon. But once you've found it, you'll likely never want to study anywhere else again! With a beautifull view of the lake, you might get lost in the blue instead of lost in your physics. But that's okay because it's worth it (and physics sucks).

I guess now the only real question is WHY AM I THINKING ABOUT STUDYING DURING THE SUMMER? Carry on.