11 Amazing Vegetarian Recipes

11 Amazing Vegetarian Recipes

Myself and Pinterest approved.
7

If you are anything like me, I get bored with food very fast. It seems to be that I eat the same thing over and over again but maybe with just a slight difference in ingredients. When I switched over to being a vegetarian, this boredom grew. I decided that I needed to get a big variety in my consumption of food. I wanted to try new recipes, eat different types of food and expand my palette. In search of new things to try, I used Pinterest as my little handy dandy toolbox. Not only am I able to find new meals to try, but snacks and desserts too! The following are some of my favorite, successful Pinterest found recipes in order of meal types (vegetarian but delicious).

1. Skinny Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

I don't know about you, but I love me some peanut butter, chocolate and banana. These muffins are the perfect combination for a breakfast treat! With all your favorite sweet cravings without sacrificing being healthy. Sally's Baking Addiction is where this recipe can be found, with a bunch of other amazing healthy recipes for anything you would want!

2. Lemon Blueberry Poppyseed Muffins

Another healthy recipe, but this time from the skinny fork. Similar to Sally's Baking Addiction, this recipe and others are just what you want in food but with a healthy twist. Lemon poppyseed muffins are my favorite and adding blueberries brings it to a whole new level. A must try for breakfast.

3. Healthy Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes

Back to Sally quickly for some out of this world pancakes. Again, another success while still remaining healthy. Just remind yourself, even though they're healthy doesn't mean you can eat as much as you want.. sometimes a bit of a struggle when I make a batch of these!

4. Honey Garlic Baked Cauliflower

Seriously to die for. All my vegetarians, or non-veggie heads must try this. It’s simple to make a can be an entire meal if you like! I'm not a girl for too much spiciness so I removed the sriracha sauce from the recipe, still an A+.

5. Vegetarian Spaghetti Squash Skillet

In the mood for pasta but don't want all the calories? Your wishes have been granted. Another super easy recipe that will leave you satisfied. When making this, I suggest a small side salad and definitely cheat a bit and indulge with some bread to dip in your pasta (spaghetti squash) sauce.

6. Butternut Squash and Quinoa Salad

Another yummy recipe that seems to be healthy for you! Don't be intimidated by having to cook quinoa, its super easy! This dish could be served chilled or hot! Either way you eat it, it's something different and out of the ordinary that tastes great.

7. Springtime Vegetarian Minestrone Soup

Soup in spring and summer, am I crazy? Maybe just a tad, but this is a must try! Again super easy, hardest part may be cutting up all the veggies! This makes a good amount, so you can have leftovers and freeze what you don't eat and take it out later. Even if you aren't a vegetarian this will still taste great.

8. Asian (Chicken) Noodle Soup

Okay, okay, so maybe not all the recipes are vegetarian..but I made do. This soup is better than any restaurant you would go to. This is a little higher in difficulty but it isn't unbearable. Definitely worth the time to make it. Of course the recipe calls for chicken, but what we do in my house is make it without and cook the chicken separately to add in for those who want it. Again, you will be blessed with some leftovers which is always a plus for me.

9. Healthy Banana & Oats Cookies

So I count these as a yummy dessert, but you could always eat them for breakfast too I guess? Super easy to make and only three main ingredients! You can add in whatever you would like to spice them up, I suggest cranberries and chocolate chips.

10. Vegan Chocolate Crazycake Cupcakes

Even though I may not be vegan, I do look for a ton of vegan recipes. To my surprise, I haven't had a bad one yet! These cupcakes are not difficult to make and you wouldn't even know there's no butter or eggs. It tastes great and a crowd pleaser.

11. Vegan Peanut Butter Frosting

Well you can't just have plain cupcakes, right? To spice my cupcakes up I added my favorite flavor combo: chocolate and peanut butter. This frosting tastes amazing and is super addicting. It tends to make a bit much, I ended up putting the rest in the fridge for later use. This recipe shows it being used on brownies, I used it on cupcakes. It can be versatile and may just taste great by itself with a bowl and spoon in hand.