11 Amazing Things About Having A Little Brother

Even if it isn't always a blast, it's all love in the end.

23
Jocelyn L'Italien

1. You can get him to do anything for you.

He's kind of like a servant- or a dog. If you need something from a different room, or floor, just tell him to go fetch. He's an obedient kid.

2. You get to be a role model.

He's looked up to you since the moment he was born. You were his first best friend and you still are. He's never not going to look up to you. He wants to be as great as you are and wants to achieve everything that is set out for him because of you.

3. He's your partner in crime.

Family outings are never fun unless you have him by your side. If he isn't there, everything is kind of boring. Car rides with some bad music choices? No worries- he has your back. Secrets are very well kept between you two and no matter what trouble you are both in, you would do anything for him as he would you.

4. You help him with the hard life lessons.

If he's struggling with a concept, you know just how he will understand it. He takes your words to heart, so teach him how to act and behave in the world and he will surely follow. Even the tough question of "Where does the baby come from?" isn't so hard.

5. Friends don't go gaga over him like they would an older brother.

They might've thought that he was the cutest kid when he was first born, but they don't want to date him. He is someone important in your life that you're friends don't want to spend YEARS with.

6. You develop a maternal instinct.

Not going to lie, being eleven years older than my brother makes me feel like a mom to him. When taking him out in public, you sometimes get those looks from people who think you're actually his parent. Trust me folks, I didn't have a kid at 11 years old. Certain tasks we do set up for the idea of the maternal instinct, such as making him food, taking him to practices and taking him shopping. Every time you see him do something you don't like the instinct comes in before you're like 'mom, he's being dumb."

7. He will always loves you, unconditionally.

No matter how much you bicker, yell or hurt each other, the next minute you guys will love each other. Even if he makes loud annoying noises all the time or takes all the food when you've been away at college for a few weeks.

8. You're his number one fan.

If he's an athlete, you bet you're always going to be at his games. You're always on the sideline cheering him on no matter what he does, be it sports, academics, or anything else.

9. Even if you argue, it's all fun and games.

You'll yell one minute and then the next, you're both laughing.

10. You'll teach him what not to do.

Admit it, you did some things in your childhood that you got in trouble for. Your job now is to steer him away from what not to do, and to tell him what he can get away with and what he can't.

11. You get to watch as he grows into something special.

Through all this, you are not only standing right beside him, but also standing in the distance. You remember the day he was born and him spitting up the peas onto the clean floor, and you see him now achieving greatness. He didn't just end up that way. You helped shape him into the way he is today and the special kid he is becoming.