The Girl Who Lives In The Moment
Lifestyles

To The Girl Who Lives In The Moment And Hates Planning For The Future

You're not alone.

237
Claudia Crowe

Life constantly changes, along with feelings and situations. It's hard to know, mentally and even physically, where you'll be at a certain point in time during life. Especially if you know yourself well, including wants and needs. It's hard to plan for a future that is uncertain and can change at any moment.

I mean who knows exactly what is needed and wanted until you're living in that precise moment. It's hard to act and make decisions on something that seems so far away. It is so much easier to react in the moment. Honestly, it's hard to care about something that is currently not present. Something that currently holds no effect on your life.

Routines get boring and that's not what life is about. One doesn't want to get stuck just living. That is a real fear: getting too comfortable with a life that is just average, not exciting, and a constant. Some dream of it as only that, but how can one accept a mundane life when there is so much more out there? How do you plan for unexpected experiences and once in a lifetime opportunities?

A stable, constant life sounds… reliable. (And, well, needed.) But, how can you plan something, a life or a job, that may possibly restrict necessary adventures that allow growth?

It's a good feeling to have the impression that one's life is "together." (Together is in quotation marks because it truly is a subjective term and topic.) To try to have one's future thought out. To be prepared for months ahead. But it is exhausting and not as rewarding once it's been achieved. Those months can pass by feeling so boring and so dull. Does it truly make a positive difference in one's life? It can be argued, "Yes," but not if one feels bored and simply content with life.

No-one is alone in feeling like this.

The moment is exciting, thrilling even, relaxing, and chill. Having a "go with the flow attitude" can reap much more than constantly attempting to plan ahead. It is so much better for one's mental health, honestly.

The future is scary and far away. The moment is enlivening and present.

So, to the girl who lives in the moment, yet desperately tries to plan for a future that she is unsure of: You are not alone. It is hard. It is a difficult task for someone who takes life one step at a time. Someone who embraces every minute and second of life. Someone who comes across a problem, a bump in the road, and handles it as needed once it takes place; no extra stress necessary.

It's OK not knowing what your future is like, or even knowing how it looks in your head. It is your life, your moment, and your future and you can live it as you like. Continue to live in the moment.