7 Reasons Why You Should Live In The Moment

It's important to enjoy the present.

Living in the moment…

Although this sounds quite simple, human beings really do struggle with enjoying the moment. We all tend to spend too much time replaying past moments in our head or planning for the future so we miss out on the moments that are taking place right before our eyes. We need to become more aware of the beauty of the present. We need to stop in our tracks and take everything in that is around us. Life really does fly by, and if we’re all distracted by the past and the future, we will not be able to appreciate the magnificence that lies within every moment.

Yes, it is an important part of human nature to plan ahead. We set goals for ourselves because there are certain things that we want to achieve in life, there are certain things that we want to look forward to and get excited about. Our goals serve as our motivators, they add so much meaning to our lives, and they ultimately shape us into who we are. Living in the moment does not mean that an individual should not consider their goals. Living in the moment means being cognizant of what is happening around us and what we are experiencing.

What’s so important about living in the moment?

Being present results in decreased stressed.

When we become too consumed in our thoughts, we can become really stressed which can be very detrimental to our health. It’s important to stimulate your life with strategies that will enable you to stay more focused on each moment that you are presented with.

Planning does not always work out the way you want it to.

This statement really does hold true. Plans fall through all of the time. We are all human, so we make mistakes. It is just a part of life... we are not perfect. Planning everything out can result in anger and aggravation because the more that you plan, the more likely it is that your plans do not fulfill what you expected.

You will become a happier person.

Everyone wants to be happy in life…there is no feeling that compares to genuine happiness. When you immerse yourself in the present, you are allowing yourself to gain a new perspective on life, a perspective consisting of positivity, appreciation, and admiration. When your mind breaks free from thoughts of the past and planning for the future, it is more possible to harbor contentment.

You will worry less.

When you’re not focused on what needs to get done and how it will get done, you won’t have to worry all of the time. You have to push yourself to become more confident and believe that you have the ability to handle anything that is thrown your way. Stop second-guessing yourself.

You will enjoy moments for what they are.

When we are constantly reminiscing about the past, we tend to compare our past experiences with what we are experiencing now. You’ll be able to enjoy life more when you’re not comparing how things are to how they used to be or how they could be.

You won’t be disappointed.

When you don’t have expectations for the future, you won’t be disappointed by anything that happens. If you maintain an open mind, everything that happens will be a pleasant surprise. If things don’t end up working out, you won’t be emotionally affected because you didn’t waste time worrying about it anyway.

Each moment is truly the greatest gift.

Life is short. We don’t know how many moments we will be graced with. Life can be over in the blink of an eye. Since tomorrow is not guaranteed, shouldn’t we all take advantage of the moment that we are in? Stop taking moments for granted, plan only when it is absolutely necessary, and realize just how blessed you are to be given the opportunity to experience the moment that you’re in.