11 Things Every 20-Something Should Be Comfortable Doing Alone

Me, myself and I.

109

You are a freakin' blast to be around. And who better to enjoy you than you? Here are 11 things you should be able to do alone and be amazing while doing so.

1. Shopping

Even though everyone likes their friend's opinions, sometimes its refreshing to shop alone. You can hit up every store that your friends refuse to go in, and you can genuinely pick out pieces you like without your friends making you second guess yourself.

2. Going to the movies

This is something that no one can bring themselves to do in fear of insulting their dignity, but it is something that is super enjoyable doing alone. Let's face it, you don't really talk during a movie anyway, and who has time to make the plans? Fly solo.

3. Dancing

No one's going to make fun of your moves when the only critic is you. Dance your little heart away and you will be surprised how fun it can be.

4. Dining out

Deemed the 'saddest activity alive,' eating alone can be an ordeal. But it shouldn't have to be. You can focus on the most important date, your food.

5. Traveling

Everyone should take a vacation solo at some point in their life. Whether its just a simple road trip for a couple hours or backpacking through Europe alone, everyone should experience the world alone.

6. Going for a walk

This is something that everyone should be comfortable doing. You have a lot on your plate, and sometimes its nice to just take a long walk and reflect by yourself.

7. Going to a concert

Being able to sit back and listen to the music and dance like no one is watching is a beautiful thing. Focus on the music and jam out.

8. Going downtown

Be a tourist in your own city and walk down Main Street. You never know what you may find. Oh, and you'll look fab while doing so.

9. Beachin' it

Sometimes you just need relaxation by yourself at your favorite beach. Soak up the sun and devour that book you've been dying to read.

10. Going to a theme park

There's no arguing with friends over what ride to go on when it's just yourself. Run around the park and laugh by yourself. Who said you need to be around friends all the time to have fun?

11. Reflecting/Meditating

This is your time to reflect on your day and really think about yourself. After all, that's what your 20's are for.