I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again: writing is hard. I know that personally, I always have lines of poetry or stories running through my head, but it never fits into a larger piece. So I've collected my personal top 10, and present them to you as writing prompts, in hopes of inspiring other writers with my own dead end lines.
1. I think of all the people that will tell me that you're in a better place now. But how could it be a better place if we're not together?
2. When I finally stopped somewhere, at some dingy rest stop, I realized I was only ten minutes from home. It’s funny how you can drive all night and still wind up right where you started.
3. Different mistakes, same results.
4. Her tears and blood dripped down the same path on her cheek.
5. He looks at all of those creepy porcelain dolls from her grandmother she had always joked were cursed, and yet couldn’t bring herself to get rid of. It was his curse to bare now.
6. He texted me today. I wondered why he still had my number. Maybe it was the same reason I still had his.
7. A part of me wishes I met you sooner. The other part wishes I never met you at all.
8. But she was on top of the world, and he was the bottom of the barrel.
9. The best intentions often have the worst outcomes.
10. My worst fear? People actually seeing me as I think they do.
Write on, my friends. Hopefully one of these struck a chord with you.