In such a hustling and bustling busy world, we are always going and almost never stopping, sometimes the last person we thinking about taking care of is ourselves.
All of the people you tend to, the activities you do, your hobbies and extracurriculars all put wear and tear on your bodies. With that being said, you need to make some time to pay attention to yourself. Our bodies are our temples, and taking care of them is important!
We have our bodies forever- so let's show them some love. We like things that make us feel good, and I can give you 10 ways right now to show yourself some love and improve the quality of your day!
You wouldn't let the pipes freeze in your house or your basement flood, would you? Then why let exhaustion take over, get stiff muscles and have a cloudy mind? Whatever your doing, where ever you are, here is how you can show yourself some love.
1. Close your eyes and take ten long deep breaths, in through the nose and out through the mouth, to relax and refocus.
2. Learn to say "no" if it doesn't serve you, don't bother with it. YOU come first.
3. Turn on a song you love and dance your little heart out! It will brighten your day.
4. Take a minute to mentally check in with yourself and see how you're feeling mentally, emotionally and physically. Never ignore how you're feeling.
5. Take a walk outside and breathe in some fresh air! Appreciate your surroundings and soak up some sun.
6. Repeat a mantra for 5 minutes, maybe an "Om" or a word that is something you might need a little extra of today, like "Energy."
7. Give yourself a temple massage with some essential oil.
8. Diffuse some essential oil in the diffuser, lay down, and breathe in the calming scents.
9. Try something new! Step out of your comfort zone.
10. Take a few minutes to stretch your body in whatever way feels good. You will thank yourself.
If you haven't made self-love a part of your everyday routine, I think it is time. You deserve just as much love and care as everyone else!