10 Ways To Say "I Love You" Without Actually Saying "I Love You"

For all you nervous wrecks about saying the L word, I got you.

8305
@itschuckbass on Twitter

There are many ways to say "I love you," without ever uttering the words. Some are thrilling, heartbreaking, funny, hopeful, strong, ill-timed –– to each its own.

You can say "I love you" without words, with music, with touch, with looks, with dance. I love you means so much more than just "I love you." Sometimes "I love you" means your presence in my life keeps me living, sometimes it means your smile sends shocks through my spine, (AKA the way I feel when somebody mentions Dr. Shepard). I love you is a beautiful and scary thing.

Timing, place, and the person you say it to are extremely important factors to think about when considering the possibility of spilling your heart out. Sometimes the best way to say "I love you" is without even saying the words themselves. Here are some of the many ways to convey love without ever mentioning the word love.

1. "Text me when you get home."

Sometime's it's as simple as that. It's knowing that someone cares about your well being and your safety to a point where they want to know when you get home, and that you get home. Also, don't be the dog.

2. "Put your seatbelt on, please?"

Or, not telling you and doing this. That's love too.

3. "I need you."

The word need is so much stronger than I once thought it was. Needing someone holds so much more emotion and meaning than 'I miss you' or 'I wish you were here'. It says: right now, there's nothing more I need than you to need me and to yearn for me. Craving someone's presence says a lot more than craving food. Trust me.

4."Call me? I miss your voice."

This is hands down one of the cutest things you can say to someone whether it be showing them how much you love them or to just be super freaking cute. We live in an era of texting, social media and messaging- face to face, calls or video calling is practically nonexistent. Telling someone to call you because you miss their voice: priceless.

5. Silence

Someone once told me, "sometimes it's not about what you say- sometimes, its what you don't." Sometimes you find your answers in hesitation, laughter, and silence. Sometimes the literal warmth of their body against yours says more than you could have ever imagined.

6. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

This definitely goes down as one of my favorite ways to say I love you. Telling someone that you would be lost without them or don't know what to do without them is one of the sweetest ways to show your love. It means you guide me, you complete me. And thats love in its purest form.

7. "Where have you been all my life?"

Sure, sometimes this is a cheesy pickup line but sometimes its also a really freaking cute thing to say and think about. It's showing you that this person's life has changed and everything is better because you're in their lives.

8. "This song made me think of you."

Music is everything you feel and want to say without ever having to say any of it. Telling someone that a song reminded you of them says more than just "I'm thinking of you", it says that sometimes the simplest things are reminders of you.

9. "I can't stop thinking about you."

You're in their head. All the time. Everywhere. You might as well be their stalker! Okay, maybe not. But you might as well be confessing your undying love. Cause damn, that's a lot of me in your head.

10. "I can't get enough of you."

This can be read in many ways but depending on the context. It can be heart melting. Imagine spending every day, every second, every moment with someone and being told that EVEN that isn't enough. See? Heart melting. I told you.

At the end of the day, the simplest way to say 'I love you' really is 'I love you'. Obviously, it is easily said in so many different ways; through text, through words, through facial expression, touch, and even silence. Body language says a lot too, but unfortunately, I can't really do that via article, now can I? Just ask my good friend Ursula, or don't (probably the better option).

You'll know how and when to say it when the right person comes along. One day "I love you" will mean so much more than 3 simple words.