10 Ways To Get In The Spirit Of Christmas

Don't be such a Scrooge and let this list inspire your inner Christmas spirit.

263
Photo by Wesley Tingey on Unsplash

It's that time of year again, or should I say "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year." Happy November and Merry Christmas! Are you excited for Christmas or are you a Scrooge? Here are 10 ways to get excited for Christmas no matter who you are.

1. Put away your Halloween decorations on November 1st

The night before you were giving children candy at your door with your spooky decorations and your spooky costume, saying "Happy Halloween," but once the clock strikes twelve, start taking them down because it's November and it'll look weird if you still have Halloween decorations up after the holiday ends. What are you crazy?

2. Take down your Christmas decorations from your attic.

It's a bit early since it is only November, but take them down anyway so they can "stretch" from their rest in the dusty attic.

3. Start buying new decorations from the stores

The Christmas Tree Shoppe is so dangerous at Christmas time because they have little knick- knacks you know you do not need but you really do need. Even at places such as Target and Kohl's, there are so many things that you could just picture in your living room.

4. Tell someone off when they remind you that there is still Thanksgiving

Yes, we know that Thanksgiving is still a thing, we're just not as excited because nothing is as pretty as Christmas lights and snowfall. We still give Thanksgiving the love it deserves but we are more excited for Christmas.

5. Listen to Christmas music

Start playing "All I Want for Christmas" — AKA the Christmas fanatic's jam. Personally, I love the old songs (and not so much the newer ones) such as Bing Crosby's "White Christmas," Frank Sinatra's everything, Andy William's "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year," Wham's "Last Christmas," and Perry Como's "It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas" to name a few.

6. Light fires in your fireplace.

There is nothing better than getting all cozy by the fire while you read a book or watch a movie with no light except for the orange-yellow of the fire.

7. Wear the Clothes

Digging out those fuzzy socks and big sweaters is something to look forward to because who wants cold toes in the winter-time?

8. Watch The Movies

Freeform's — formerly known as ABC Family's — 25 Days of Christmas is the best thing about Christmas when it's family movie night and you get to watch Elf for what feels like the millionth time. My personal favorites include Elf (of course), The Polar Express, Santa Claus is Comin' to Town, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, and Home Alone.

9. Look at the snow outside

If you live in a village, the decorations are always so pretty and you wish they can stay up the whole year. The fresh snow especially makes everything look so gorgeous.

10. Spend time with Family

You get to spend two weeks or more with your family and I'd say that's a Christmas gift in itself- you don't always have to accept it though (just kidding).