10 Ways To De-Stress Before And During Finals

College only comes around once, try some of these ideas to make exams more enjoyable (did I just say that?)!

8
My photo

As the school year closes for a lot of us college students we really feel the pressure and burden of sports, spring training, papers, essays, graduation, weddings, applications and the list just goes on and on! One thing to remember about this stressful season is that taking a break in the middle of studying is OKAY! Colleges all around provide many ways to de-stress and "treat yo self" so that you won't become overwhelmed. However, some of these activities might be packed with people, so here are a few cheap, simple and easy ways to relieve some of the emotions that come with exams and papers this time of year.

1. (The old stand-by) Go to the beach!!

Going with friends to the beach for a bonfire/s'mores, a hike or a hunt for treasures is a great way to get rid of unwanted stress and get outside in nature and take some amazing photos!!

2. Craft

One thing that I do to procrastinate most times is to craft and find things to make in my dorm (like painting glass with nail polish, or making things with string, etc.) Making things with friends creates many giggles and memories for years to come.

3. Hang a hammock and chill out

Being outdoors is so rejuvenating, even if you are studying. My friends and I bring hammocks outside our dorms, hang them up and pile in. We watch soccer games, people passing and talk with friends that question the safeness of the hammock rope-tying methods...

4. COOK!

Disclaimer, I did not make these cupcakes, but they were so delicious! Making cookies and trying Pinterest or Buzzfeed recipes in your own kitchen is not only fun and yummy, but also a great conversation starter if something unexpected happens (also share the food with your class, you will be the MVP for sure).

5. Go shopping

Guys might not be so keen on the shopping de-stress option, but just walking around a mall, maybe seeing some adoptable puppies in windows, or buying a new article of clothing will lift your spirits a bit and make you more motivated to keep going.

6. Movie night!!

Sometimes an old fashioned night of movies, popcorn, chocolate and Princess Bride is all one needs when a group of friends is together. An hour or two of just sitting and quoting some memorable lines will make everyone laugh and have a great time!

7. Spa Night

There are so many great facial recipes that will rejuvenate your skin and erase bags under your eyes (from late night studying perhaps?). A little girl time for some manis, pedis and facials is just what anyone would need to erase any physical signs of stress. Some of the ingredients you can find right in your student center/dining hall.

8. Dressing up for a special event night!

Some colleges might have an evening planned for students to have fun and laugh away any worries about exams. Putting on a little make-up and a pretty dress lifts anyone's spirits (even if it's only for a couple hours)!

9. Decorate/rearrange!

People might find relaxation in redecorating their dorm/room before or during an exam to give light to the area. A few lights and decorations could make your space bit more happy and cheerful for the hours ahead to study and make flash cards.

10. Order something for yourself online

Ordering something and forgetting about it is the best thing ever when you are at college. You give yourself a little surprise when you least expect it! Choose an accessory, new package of good quality pens or something that you have wanted for a long time so that you can get excited about when you are finished with your exam.

Of course, there are many other ways that you personally enjoy when you relieve stress, but these were just a few of my favorites. I hope that you might try a few new ways to take away the pressure of exams! Good luck and remember to have fun at the same time; college only comes around once!