10 Ways To Be A Real Life Leslie Knope

10 Ways To Be A Real Life Leslie Knope

We can all be our favorite Pawneean if we want!

659
10 Ways To Be A Real Life Leslie Knope

Anyone who has seen Parks and Recreation knows that Leslie Knope Gets. Stuff. Done. She's inspiring to all women, and honestly one of the most badass television characters of all time. Naturally, it's enough to make anyone want to be just like Leslie. The good news: you can!

1. Cultivate a love for breakfast foods, particularly waffles.

In order to be a Leslie Knope, you must first realize that breakfast food is the best, and the best kind of breakfast food is the waffle. In fact, acquire your own waffle iron so that you can have the best breakfast food any time that you want! They're built for maximum syrup consumption with those tiny squares meant for pooling, sugary goodness which makes them the best.

2. Realize that your friends are actual goddesses that can do anything.

Friends are the best, even better than waffles. Well...Anyway, friends are the best! In order to become a true Leslie Knope you must see the wonderful qualities in all of your goddess friends, and never fear to tell them at any opportunity.

3. Never let anything stop you. Even the flu.

Being a true Leslie Knope means you can never let anything stop you when you're determined! Sure, you may be absolutely delirious from the flu (or any other ailment), but that cannot stop you! The only thing that can stop you is your friends forcing you to go to the hospital.

4. Don't be afraid to be passionate, even if it makes other people uncomfortable.

Sometimes, people find strong women to be intimidating, and they feel uncomfortable. However, a true Leslie Knope knows that their intimidation does not mean that it's time to push down. We know that feminism is the way of the future and that we won't stop doing what we're passionate about just because of other people's opinions. That's not how goddesses get things done!

5. Find yourself a Ben Wyatt.

Ben Wyatt's come in many shapes, sizes, and forms. But a Ben Wyatt is supportive, loving, and knows that sometimes you can be a little competitive but you have the best intentions. A Ben Wyatt can take the shape of a best friend or a significant other, but every Leslie needs her Ben. Not because without him she isn't Leslie, but because with her Ben, she is the best Leslie Knope she can be.

6. Find strong female role models to look up to.

In order to be an inspiration like Leslie Knope, you must find your own inspiration. Maybe it's Hillary Clinton, or Michelle Obama. Maybe it's Beyonce, or Nicki Minaj. No matter who your inspiration is, find your role models and do everything as if you are trying to make them proud.

7. Never skimp on the whipped cream.

Whipped cream is one of God's gifts to food. Never, ever, ever skimp on it.

8. You always try to keep things positive.

Even when your plans are falling to pieces, you keep a smile on your face and try to stay as chipper as possible.

9. But sometimes you can't help but be a little bit dramatic.

Sometimes it's hard to always keep a smile on your face, so instead you rely on your good friend hyperbole! Some may say you're dramatic, but you know that you're just expressing your opinions as best as you can.

10. And no matter what, you stay true to yourself.

You know that there's nothing better than being yourself, in all of your glorious weirdness. A true Leslie Knope knows that real strong women are the best, and if you believe that you are a goddess, you can get anything done. Girl power.

Now that you have the means to become your own Leslie Knope, nothing can stand in your way. So go off and get things done! Let's change the world! Lil Sebastian would be proud of you.