10 Of My Go-To Ways To Relax

10 Of My Go-To Ways To Relax

Everyone needs to find ways to relax, and these are a few of my favorites.
207

The older we get the more stressful life becomes. We gain new responsibilities and have to make our own decisions. As we gain more stress, we also need to remember to take care of ourselves. Over time, I've learned what will help me de-stress and relax, but also what will make me even more stressed. These are a few of my go to ways to help myself relax.

1. Light a comfortingly scented candle.

Each person has a special scent that comforts them. I instantly calm down the second I dim the lights and let the beach scent of the candle take over the room.

2. Take a de-stressing bubble bath.

Having a bubble bath truly is the best thing ever. Bubble baths smell good, feel good, and have a way of loosening all your tense, stress-filled muscles. If you add candles to this relaxing experience, there is no way you'll leave the bath stressed.

3. Watch one of your favorite movies.

No matter which movie genre it is, your favorite movie will always help you relax. This movie is one of your favorites for a reason, so why not utilize it's greatness and let it take you to a non-stressful place.

4. Binge watching your go-to TV show.

Similar to your favorite movie, your favorite TV show is your favorite for a reason. When you need a full day of alone, de-stressing time, binge watching TV is the best. You already love the show and you can spend the whole day taking care of yourself. It's a win-win situation.

5. Spending hours journaling or painting.

This is one of my go to options because any form of art allows me to forget about whatever is stressing me out for a few hours. When I paint, I'm able to not only relax, but let my mind focus just on what the beautiful scenery I'm painting.

6. Taking a walk on the beach.

Walking on the beach has a few different elements that come together to allow you to de-stress. Being surrounded by nature, having the soft sand squish between your toes as the cool water runs over your feet, allowing the calm breeze blow your hair out of your face, and hearing the waves crash along the shore all come together to let you be blissfully relaxed.

7. Having a girls night with your best friends.

There are many different kinds of girls nights from going out to staying in, but no matter which kind you choose, a girls night is sometimes all you need to relax and have some fun.

8. Baking a delicious dessert.

The beauty of baking is that you get both a few hours of alone time while simultaneously making yourself a great treat to enjoy later. There's nothing better than making your favorite treat.

9. Cuddling with a cute puppy.

Dogs are always the perfect furry friends to help you de-stress. They let you cuddle with them, play, and will even join you in a little nap.

10. Sometimes you just need to splurge on a massage.

When all else fails, splurge on a good massage. They will always be relaxing and you'll feel amazing after.